Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cyber school

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2017 at 4:06 PM
  • 13 Replies
Anyone use a cyber program, or does everyone do it all on their own?

I just registered DD for cyber.
by on Jun. 9, 2017 at 4:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mcginnisc
by Member on Jun. 9, 2017 at 4:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I do it on my own..I have friends that use cyber schooling here in GA and they like it. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

TellMeBoutIt
by New Member on Jun. 9, 2017 at 4:11 PM
I was looking for a group, but can't find one. I have a friend that "lectured" me that cyber isn't home school, so I don't know if I'd be welcome here...😏
Leissaintexas
by Silver Member on Jun. 10, 2017 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this
By legal definition cyber schooling, since it is public school at home , is not homeschool. That's the HSLDA statement. But there are all kinds of educational methods represented here.
LostTheSlipper
by Group Admin on Jun. 10, 2017 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting TellMeBoutIt: I was looking for a group, but can't find one. I have a friend that "lectured" me that cyber isn't home school, so I don't know if I'd be welcome here...😏

You're more than welcome here. Feel free to ask questions or for advice if you need it. Some of us might be able to help you out, or just point you in the right direction.

We haven't done cyber schooling, I do most of the teaching myself, but DS has taken several online classes. This past year he did English I (for 9th grade) online with the HSLDA Academy. He has taken various Spanish classes online (since I'm not fluent), and took a science class one year.

collinsmommy0
by Kim on Jun. 10, 2017 at 10:43 PM
1 mom liked this
We don't do cyber school but we homeschool through a charter school in California. Although it seems much less rigorous than a cyber school,....I only have to hand in 1 paper per subject each month and I choose my curriculums and activities for my child.

mommaof697
by Bronze Member on Jun. 11, 2017 at 9:14 AM

here in WI it is technically illegal to do cyber school but the schools offer it and people use it. I have never done cyber school because i heard early on it was illegal.

TellMeBoutIt
by New Member on Jun. 11, 2017 at 9:29 AM
Wow! I wonder why/how it is illegal.

Quoting mommaof697:

here in WI it is technically illegal to do cyber school but the schools offer it and people use it. I have never done cyber school because i heard early on it was illegal.

mommaof697
by Bronze Member on Jun. 11, 2017 at 7:21 PM

the way the law is wrote is that there has to be a certified/licensed teacher in every classroom. well by doing online school my house then becomes a class room. I am not certified/licensed. Most people do not know about that law and when they are made known about the law they don't care because it is allowed.

Quoting TellMeBoutIt: Wow! I wonder why/how it is illegal.
Quoting mommaof697:

debramommyof4
by Group Admin on Jun. 13, 2017 at 8:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I have done k12 in the past and my oldest will be doing most of her core subjects online this next year through Acellus.

We choose what is best for our family and our children and for you right now that might be cyber school one day it might be different and that's ok. You are welcome here of course.
luvmyfidgets
by New Member on Jun. 22, 2017 at 7:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I've never done it but I know others who have and enjoy it. I've always done it on my own. I'm now in CA and they offer charter schools and all kinds of other options, but I like being independent and being able to use whatever curriculum I like and not having to turn in papers and stuff.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)