Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Busy toddler

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2017 at 9:26 AM
  • 3 Replies

So, what do you do with a busy toddler who gets into everything while doing school? last year he still took naps so that's when we did our academics, but he don't nap too much now. Just wondering what others with busy toddlers have done to help and maybe advice how to get him involved? His attention span still very short! He'll be 3 in October, but not as mature as my other kids at this age so kind of new territory for me!

by on Aug. 22, 2017 at 9:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
autismpirate
by Member on Aug. 22, 2017 at 2:25 PM

When i had a toddler, i save his TV time and IPAD time for when we were doing academics, then i would also do 'quiet' time for him where he didn't have to nap but he did have to stay in his room.  I also started teaching him short amounts (colors, shapes, numbers) gave him paper and crayons to 'do school' with , etc.

kajira
by Member on Aug. 23, 2017 at 9:23 AM

I give him coloring books and have him sit next to his big sister, or I have her do her school work while he's playing with his older brother for a few minutes so I can help with anything she needs, kind of a deal.

We also have a 16 month old toddler, on top of a 3 year old. We find ways to make it work. lol

My toddler will not watch TV - he doesn't give a crap about tablets, or electronics, either. LOL He's very hands on and so coloring helps.

LostTheSlipper
by Group Admin on Aug. 23, 2017 at 7:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I think someone once recommend something called "busy boxes" or "busy bags" that come out only when it's school time - and you have a variety of them so they seem "new" and they aren't bored with them.

You can find tons of ideas for them online.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)