Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Interruptions

Posted by on Sep. 21, 2017 at 5:33 PM
  • 3 Replies

Anyone else feel like people in your lives think homeschooling is not important.  For example 'oh she's home she can do......" or just start conversations with your child while they are doing their work, etc.   I feel like people see me as a stay at home mom and just assume i am eating bon bon's and watching soap operas , ya know nothing important .......

by on Sep. 21, 2017 at 5:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Leissaintexas
by Silver Member on Sep. 22, 2017 at 10:02 AM
People have always assumed that about moms at home. It's just an ignorant stereotype. Doesn't bother me. Setting boundaries and teaching people to respect us is just routine.
coala
by Gold Member on Sep. 29, 2017 at 7:41 PM

I'm very thankful that the people in our lives take what we do seriously.  I actually took a stack of tests and quizes to practice last night to grade.  It was YDD's (9) work.  One of her friend's was saying how "she's so lucky because she doesn't have to do a lot work".  My DD brought her over to the table where I was working.  She picked up a stack of papers and said "does that look like not doing much work".  He friend went away with a new respect for a homeschooler.  LOL  I'm glad that my 9 yo was able to explain that to her 9 yo friend.  Apparently, both of my kids friend's don't think they do a lot of work.  I have had 4 hours worth of work (grading) in the last 2 days because my kids do so much work.

gramabrenda
by Member on Oct. 5, 2017 at 3:18 PM
What a great opportunity to learn about respect and boundaries. I really think the special part of homeschool is how what you learn is practiced. People sometimes have a hard time putting themselves in other people's shoes. This is a great teaching opportunity and sometimes the kids come up with the best solutions to problems like this. Teaching them to go with the flow and still keep on task, teaching them to handle situations and people in a respectful manner, all in a days work for a homeschool Mom. What a champion!!!!!!

For us as homeschoolers it keeps us on our knees and in the Word of God, looking for ways to live in God's plan for our lives.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)