Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3rd/4th graders (8 - 10 year olds) - please share your day

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2017 at 8:44 PM
  • 6 Replies

If you have a kiddo who's aproximately in 3rd/4th grade, would you mind sharing what schoolwork your child did the last day you had a regular homeschool day (ie, not a field trip day or special day)?

by on Nov. 12, 2017 at 8:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
by Member on Nov. 16, 2017 at 11:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Keep in mind my kids go to a university model school 2 days a week:

-Homework (usually just Latin)
-Math Lesson
-Spelling Lesson
-Cursive Practice
Together as a family we have a History read aloud that I read during Breakfast and Lunch.

-Math Lesson
-Science as a Family

My 4th grader is more independent than my 5th grader but this is how most days look for her.
by Member on Nov. 16, 2017 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this
I have a 4th and 6th grader. My 4th grader was doing her language arts when I left the house to come to the allergist ( subject, predicate, compound verbs/nouns), math today is adding fractions( 1 3/5 + 2 2/5 + 1 4/5) converting and reducing if necessary, science test on 3 chapters, cursive test, start a new book for a book report due in a couple of weeks and practice her clarinet. We are stopping history until after the holiday as we start her state notebook then.
My oldest was almost finished when I left.
by on Nov. 23, 2017 at 8:29 PM

It’s been a while since my kids were that age, but I recall starting each day with bible reading, math worksheet, history lesson aloud, science experiment.  Then it was time for lunch and dash out the door for a sport or lesson.  But while we were driving we would either be listening to a lesson/story on CD in the car or working on homework in the car.  Unfortunately, this is where we discovered that my daughter would develop car sickness and my son headaches! 

No matter what you do everyday, remember that you are with your kids.  They are learning your daily habits (hopefully more good than poor!) and get that rest and peace that only can come from being at home more than running the ratrace.  Keep going!  If you are feeling stressed, take a day to just read aloud and play board games with them.  Have fun and enjoy them while they are home.

by New Member on Dec. 19, 2017 at 3:18 AM
I'm very new to all if this. Each day we gather and pray. Then I read a chapter book aloud. Then they read alone.
Social sciences
Language arts
One more read aloud
by Member on Dec. 21, 2017 at 1:04 PM
1 mom liked this
I realize that when you are out there by yourself it is sometimes hard to judge just how well you are doing.  I am sharing my schedule for a few days. I homeschool my 3rd/4th grader grandson and them do homeschool support for several others near the same age. So this schedule I shared below is adjustable.  Afternoons  vary, Karate, church activities, having friends over after school, chores, planting and tending garden, building birdhouses or other project. Blessings as you and your family grown together and learn.
December 19-23 2017
MONDAY school 9 AM to 12 noon                 Notes   Initials
Homework Assignment for tonight read History pages
read silently and discuss
Memory Work
Sign Language/Spelling
TUESDAY Jesse School 9 AM to 12 noon                   Notes   Initials
Homework Assignment for tonight read Health pages
read silently and discuss
Math (2nd grade)
Writing to Read
WEDNESDAY activity /school casual day                 Notes   Initials
Homework Assignment for tonight
Seat work
Lessons (on whatever day)
Act of Kindness
Sign Language
Memory Work

by Gold Member on Jan. 11, 2018 at 9:52 PM

On a regular day we get through bible, language, reading, penmanship, spelling, arithmetic, history, and science or health depending on the semester.  This is usually accomplished in roughly 3 1/2 hours.  I also require and extra 30 mins of reading, creative writting, and to study for history and science/health for 15 mins each.

My kids also have practice for two hours Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Thursday.  I count this as PE.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)