Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Extremely annoyed!!

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:49 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 321 Total Views

The priority deadline for the nursing program was Feb. 15th. I had everything done and turned in on time. The school had no cut off for the Teas test. All you had to do was get 50% or higher on every section to receive points (admission is based on points). I took my teas test and did horrible, but I got over 50%. So I wasn't so worried.

Today I recieved an e-mail stating that 2 weeks before they made their selection. They have decided to put a cut off on the teas test. Not only that but they are allowing people who didn't get everything in, to now get it in and still be considered priority. I personally don't think it's all that fair. I worked my a$$ off to make sure everything was turned in on time. I didn't do great on my Teas (tests scare me and I was on a lot of pain pills, I broke my arm a few days prior), but I have a great GPA. I did 33 units in 2 semesters and I made the Deans list both semesters.

I'm almost tempted to call the school and tell them how unfair it is to change things now. I would understand if it were before the cut off. They are supposed to be sending out letters the middle of this month...

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
eyezofblue76
by Member on Mar. 3, 2011 at 8:55 AM

I feel your pain, I would call and speak with someone, maybe they can fix this blunder or better explain why this happened the way it did.

myloves2
by Member on Mar. 4, 2011 at 9:09 PM

Quoting eyezofblue76:

I feel your pain, I would call and speak with someone, maybe they can fix this blunder or better explain why this happened the way it did.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyiverson22
by on Mar. 5, 2011 at 5:30 PM

i am not sure what school you attend...but I go to ivy tech and also need to take a tease...but at ivy tech i was told if you do NOT score high on the tease, the less likely you would be selected into the program! 

mom2cuties0406
by Member on Mar. 5, 2011 at 7:52 PM

Quoting mommyiverson22:

i am not sure what school you attend...but I go to ivy tech and also need to take a tease...but at ivy tech i was told if you do NOT score high on the tease, the less likely you would be selected into the program! 

I do understand that. The other program I applied at had a cut off. This school, however, did not. If you look on their website it's states there is not cut off score. I even called before taking the test to ask the admission advisor. She told me there was no cut off, if you scored over 50% on each section you would receive 10 points (even if you got a 90, you still ony got 10 points) toward your overall score. So that's what I went off of, if I would have known there would be a cap placed 2 weeks before they made their choice, I would have taken it over again.

It also REALLY pisses me off that they are going to allow others to finish up their applications and still be considered priority. In my mind, I would think that the students who completed their apps prior to the deadline were serious and hard working. The only thing I can think of is either they didn't have that many students apply, or they had a huge amount of applications.

I know I can't change it, but it really irks me. If they would have changed it back in Jan. I would have had no problem with it. But to change it right before selecting the students for the program is pure crap.

mom2cuties0406
by Member on Mar. 5, 2011 at 7:56 PM

Quoting eyezofblue76:

They asked not to be contacted until they heard from ATI on the suggested cap. So I'm waiting to get an e-mail stating what the cap is. My husbands Aunt suggested I call and ask about a grandfather clause. So after I receive the e-mail if it doesn't answer all my questions I will be calling to find out whats going on and if I'm in the clear or not. They should have waited for either next year or made the change before the priority cut off. But I don't make the rules, just get frustrated with them!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)