Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

In nursing school and hate it!!

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:41 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 322 Total Views
I know I probably shouldn't but I do... Fact is I have no life and ous pitying a strain on my marriage. Today I got a call from my daughters teacher about a project due tomorrow. Mind you I have 3 projects due myself and 4 test every week in every class, plus ati testingthat is due weekly for Nursing fundamentals. I feel strained and pulled from every end. My husband has taken on most of the responsibilities but he he has stated that its alll becoming too much. I know there Is a light at the end of the tunnel but as of right now I cant hardly keep up with house hold chores sometimes I cant even study b/c I fall asleep in the middle of studying... Ugh!! My por daughter was so worried about her project o had to go to walmart to get her stuff and we are just npw finishing. But I have a test tomorrow over muscles and havent studied a lick. I am drained................ :( :(.... I know if it were easy everone would be doing it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MrsMWF
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 7:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Yep. It's been like that for me through nursing school. It's not easy and lots of sacrifices need to be made but in the end it'll be worth it.

SusanD
by Member on Nov. 10, 2011 at 7:29 PM
What semester are you in?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrs.gemini
by Member on Nov. 12, 2011 at 5:32 PM
This is my first quarter... 6wks I have been in school
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SusanD
by Member on Nov. 12, 2011 at 9:55 PM
3 moms liked this

I kind of figured that from your post. I don't mean that to sound negative btw. The first semester is emotionally and physically draining. Its a HUGE HUGE HUGE change from "regular" life. Its stressful, and frankly I don't know of many people who at some point during the first semester do not question themselves at least once.

What I can tell you though is that after you have a routine and get use to this type of schedule...it DOES get easier. If you went into this journey thinking that nursing was your calling, and you wanted to join the professions for the right reasons (so basically not because of money, title, or job availability, etc) then stick with it. Stick out this semester and you will see that next semester will be much better.

Over the Christmas break, take some time to decompress and come up with some time saving and organization tools. I would suggest creating a schedule around the house, start using simple and freezable recipes. Make and freeze casseroles on the weekends..then use those when you have super busy days. Little tips like these can REALLY make life easier.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)