Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hard yes impossible no!

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2012 at 11:47 AM
  • 13 Replies
  • 426 Total Views
1 mom liked this
Well after two long years I am proud to say I am a RN.hard yes impossible no.for all that want to give up.long nights longer days no sleep.husband mad cause he can't get any lovin'.dirty house clothes piled in the corner.children upset cause all mommy can think about is physical assessments,lung sounds.nsg diagnosis and clinical paperwork piled all over the kitchen table.u wondering if its all worth it and Angry cause nobody really understands u.that 20+pound weight gain cause popcorn and chips seem to be ure study companion.Hold ure heads up stay strong u have chosen an awseome field and the sky is the limit!I am proud to say yes I am a wife of an army soldier mother of five(13,11,10,5,3)I'm 34years old and I went to nursing school I survived and I am an RN!!!!
by on Feb. 11, 2012 at 11:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wife2jeff
by Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:45 PM
2 moms liked this

You make me want to cry!  I'm so nervous about this journey and will just be starting the two more years (post pre-requisite courses) to complete my degree, this fall.  At times I feel discouraged and Nursing school is just starting.  Thank you for posting this and giving us hope.  I will have two children under 4 when I start in the Fall and this makes me feel so encouraged. 

I am proud of you!  Way to go and forage the way for the rest of us:)  CONGRATS!!!

junebaby
by New Member on Feb. 13, 2012 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you for posting this :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmclife58
by Member on Feb. 21, 2012 at 12:27 PM
Congrats!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3kiddz
by New Member on Mar. 12, 2012 at 8:49 PM
So jealous!!! Im just about to finish up my second semester of the nursing program and wondering WTH have I got myself into LOL. I have three daughters (3,5,9) & often wonder if the sacrifice is worth it!!! I'm hanging on by a thread but hanging in there!!! I finally broke down and told my husband who works 6 days a week 8-8 that the house will NOT be clean for another year lol. Of course I still have to STRAIGHTEN but it can't be spotless all the time! I was a SAHM for three years before starting school so its a major difference. I'm really trying to learn to juggle my time. Any pointers?!
sunflower39346
by New Member on Mar. 16, 2012 at 8:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I was too a SAHM.it was hard cause the hubby and kids were so use to me always being there.time management is imp. I always had a schedule of what I was doing on what day. I took breaks when studying to clear my mind sit a few min with the family and Power naps!!omg I lived on power naps when I had to stay up all night studying I would take a studybreak and get in bed sleep for an hour and then get back up.they really helped.also when I picked the kids up after school I would take them to the park they would run and play get sleepy then home for homework bath and bed. I had them on a schedule so by 8 they were settled in (usually?lol)and I xould get a power nap then study time.it was crazy but well worth it...good luck:)
melissajune
by Member on Mar. 17, 2012 at 3:48 PM

wow, ur an inspiration!!!  awesome.  im a stay at home mom about to go to nursing school, i have a five month old, two and four year old... im really scared, hoping i can maintain everything, be a good mom, wife, and student.  congrats to u and i hope i can follow in ur footsteps.

melissajune
by Member on Mar. 17, 2012 at 3:50 PM

i have a husband who has two jobs so i know i wont get much help around the house...  and we will have to hire a babysitter while i go to school.  hopefully we can find someone we can trust, i know in the end of all the hard work, it will pay off.  im going to miss my kids, ive been with them 24/7 since day one and i hope i dont miss any firsts with my five month old but i keep telling myself, im doing it for them

Terri_AK
by New Member on Mar. 21, 2012 at 3:18 AM

You inspire and give me hope that I'll be able to attend school, work and be a mother. I only have 2 and I'm getting nervous about starting with CNA training. I hope to attend LPN and then RN degree :D

my2royals
by New Member on Mar. 22, 2012 at 8:21 PM

This is surely what I needed to  hear, thank you and congrats honey.

blessedfamily06
by on Mar. 25, 2012 at 1:13 PM

wow awesome!! i am going for a pracital nurse first then back for a RN maybe later but you sure made me think after this post awesome!! congrats 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)