Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

where did you get money to go to school?

Hello,

I am just wondering where you got the money to go to school. Did you get a grant, scholarship,saved, parents saved , or something else? Thanks
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 12:06 PM
Replies (11-15):
jessnicole07
by New Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:30 PM

I recieved a scholarship through a local hospital which guarantees me a job interview when i finish school, a pell grant and then a $4500 subsidized loan

wife2jeff
by Member on May. 6, 2013 at 7:09 PM
Quoting kwright83:

Nursing is my 2nd undergrad degreeĀ and I am getting Finincial aid through FAFSA.

Really?! That would be awesome. They told me I couldn't do that. I took this year off from applying, but will resume next year. I'll have to look into it more. Thanks for the heads up:)
ARACMOM
by on Mar. 24, 2014 at 1:36 AM

I just pay for it. It isn't very expensive and do the monthly payment plan. Gotta love community college.

musicpisces
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 5:53 PM

I'm a veteran, and I qualify for vocational rehab, so they pay my school expenses and a small living stipend.  I also have some loans, but not that bad.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Purgatorian
by New Member on May. 8, 2014 at 8:47 PM

Ive almost completed all my prereqs for any local nursing program around where I live.  But Im getting worried about the amount of loans I will need to take out to, transfering to a 4 year college or specific program for the bachelors of nursing.

The federal loans are only 10K a year right?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)