Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Guilt

Posted by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 7:47 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 234 Total Views

I have been a stay at home mom for the past 2 years.  My daughter has spent every day with me since the day she was born.  I just finished my first semester of pre-req classes.  My life dream would be able to be a nurse.  Or at least continue to go to school, get the degree, and I could compromise on holding off to work.  I just feel incredibly guilty for even considering schooling and work.  The classes aren't that bad now, but the clinicals and registered nursing classes will be like having a job.  I feel like if I have a career I'm choosing it over her.  Help!

by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 7:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
jessnicole07
by New Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:32 PM

You going to school will make her life better in the long run. I think all moms that go to school feel like this at times. I know i do. At the end of the day i remember my daughter is my motivation and to not give up! Hope this helps

BabyloveCCR
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:59 AM

I'm in clinicals now, and it is hard.  I also work part-time (overnights).  My son who is 5 y.o. just wants me to work at his school.  LOL!  He says he misses me at night when I go to work, although he is sleeping.  I have the guilt too, but I have to remind myself that this will give me the financial means and more free time to spend with him when it is all said and done.  Nothing worth having ever comes easily!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)