Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

scared of AP 1!!!!

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:41 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 388 Total Views
I am taking AP 1 next semester and have heard so many horror stories! I want to pass the first time! Any study tips/advice for AP? Thanks :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
melissajune
by Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 3:56 PM

yes, ask around about teachers.  having a great teacher esp for your labs really matters.  and get the barrons ez anatomy on amazon and even the flashcards on amazon.  they really help.  do not wait to the night before to study!  study whenever you can...  its a lot of memorization work.  im in a and p two and doing better than a and p one.  i decided to get a different teacher. 

skennedy_82
by New Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:12 PM

that barrons book is AWESOME also i took ap1 and ap2 and both classes i found a lot of test and quiz questions on easynotecards and quizlet websites, they make it so you can search for your book and notecard sets for that book, that helped me a lot!

anatomy and i were never friends! and so glad that is past, just know its not forever and you can do it!

good luck, you can do it!!

Purgatorian
by New Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:54 PM
RateMyProfessor.com to choose your instructors.

Companion website for Mariebs Human Anatomy and Physiology. Has drop.down menus for each chapter with quizes and interactive goodies for just about everything.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
stircrazymama
by New Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:52 AM

I've found making my own flashcards has helped tremendously.  We are currently covering the muscle system and I've picked up quite a bit on Khan academy. (khanacademy.org)   My professor videos her lectures which is another awesome learning tool (if you are an audiotory learner :)  ).    This is definitely not a course you can "catch up" on.  Stay on top of it .....a little everyday.  Honestly, if you only have twenty minutes a day to dedicate to the memorization of this topic do so.  Good luck!

momofboys040881
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 5:34 PM

I am taking a&p this summer too! The only option they have at my school is the four week course, so I am super stressed and worried about it.  I have got some really great advice from friends this week. I am a visual learner so youtube is my bff :) And amazon has anatomy coloring books that makes it a liitle bit more fun to memorize. I think it is one of those classes that you have to figure out which way you learn best and go with it. GOOD LUCK!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)