Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

INTRODUCTION TIME!

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2007 at 5:00 AM
  • 249 Replies
  • 4408 Total Views
Please introduce yourselves :)
by on Aug. 8, 2007 at 5:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amillender
by New Member on Aug. 9, 2007 at 11:52 AM
My name is Angela, I live in Florida with my husband and 15 month old. I am currently pregnant, due Oct 13. I start my pre-reqs this fall. Monday nites-human development, tuesday nite psychology. I plan on going full time starting in January ,4 or 5 classes, I'm a little nervous!
SMCarroll21
by New Member on Oct. 5, 2007 at 4:59 PM
Hi! My name is Savanah, before I got married and found out I was pregnant I was going to school to become a medical assistant, now that I am about to have my first son I really want to go back to get my LPN and eventually work towards my RN. I absolutly loved school while I was there (2 semesters) so I am really excited about going back! I am going to try online courses for the first time, if you have done this or are could you let me know what its like? I've only taken classes on campus. Thanks! Can't wait to meet some intresting mom/nurses!!!
utenafan
by New Member on Oct. 7, 2007 at 1:19 AM
Hi my name is Luralai, my friends call me Lu-Lu.  I am currently working 32-40 hours a week as a front desk clerk at a hotel.  I am also trying to get my LVN licence, start working in a hospital and then work towards my RN.  I aint gonna lie, there are days I play hookie from shcool just to stay home and play with my kids.  I feel bad enough working soo much I hardly see them(children). I had to cut down to one class this semester due to financial problems....my financial aide got turned down. Anywho I hope to be a real RN before my youngest starts school.
Seandra316
by New Member on Oct. 7, 2007 at 2:31 AM
Hello All My name is Seandra and I went back to school in August. I am doing my PreReqs right now. I am taking 3 classes(Eng,Psy,Soc). I am maried and the mother to three girls(14,12,2). My major is Nursing and hope to take a full load next semester. I love school and appreciate it so much I want to take my time and not rush through anything.Hope to hear from you all soon.
logans_momma19
by New Member on Oct. 8, 2007 at 3:57 PM
Hi all! My name is Kayla and I am 19..almost 20! Before I got pregnant I was working as a CNA and giong to school in hopes of becoming a nurse. I've only got 1 semester under my belt so far..and I plan on going back in january. I am SO incredibly nervous. My son will only be about 5 months old and I dred leaving him...and I am also in a predicament weather or not I want to put him in the KinderCollege where I attend school.. or find a baby sitter here.

I plan on getting my RN...I just SOO hope I can handle the pressure and stressfullness!
Marylnrn
by New Member on Oct. 11, 2007 at 1:03 AM
Savannah,
I am working on my Master's totally online.  It has a lot of good points, but you need to have some good boundaries.  What I mean is that you need to be able to get away from distractions while you virtually go to class and study.  Family members get tempted by knowing you're at home and want to bug you because it doesn't seem as real as you going elsewhere to take classes.  That is pretty much the biggest drawback if your internet service is good!  Good luck.  You can do it!
psuRN08mom
by New Member on Oct. 18, 2007 at 1:35 PM
Hi Everyone!!

My name is Karyn Gerest, I'm a senior in the PSU nursing program. I have 2 children of my own and two step daughters that live in France with thier mom.  Nursing school has been a huge struggle for me, mostly because my school is 2 hours away from home so I dont see my children much through the semester.  Thank god, I have a wonderful mother who keeps them for me but none-the-less, it is sooo hard being away from them so often.. All I can do is pray that one day the exapmle i am trying to set for them will give them a better life than I have been able to provide up to this point. (working as a CNA for 5 years just wasnt cutting it) I cant expect them to want to go to college and make something of themselves if i dont do it myself.  They know and understand however that in 5 months Mommy will be a nurse who can help people as well as be home MUCH more than i have been throughout nursing school.
Other than that...lol...school is okay, with alot of hard work, and time I have managed to keep my grades up and excel in clinical.
Please dont hesitate to contact me with any questions or if you just need some friendly advice!!
JanuaryBaby06
by on Oct. 23, 2007 at 10:37 AM
My name is Caitlin and I'll be 21 in APril. I am currently a CNA, I had my son in Highschool (c/o '06), so I became a CNA  right after school because I didnt have alot of time and the schooling was only 2 months. But now my son is almost two, &* starting to talk, so I'm not as afraid to get a sitter or put him in a home day care.  Im going back full time and doing the CNA thing on weekends. I start a year long course in July for my LPN and somewhere in the future (like when my kids are all born and at the end of gradeschool or highschool I'd like to become a Hospital Administrater.

Caitlin (20)

wife to William Francis (22)

mother to William Patrick (21m)

Lisa7177
by on Oct. 26, 2007 at 7:10 AM
My name is Lisa.  I am a 30yr. mother of 4, step mother of 4.  I have been going to school FOREVER!  I'm just finishing up my pre-req's.  I hope to start the LPN program this coming up August.  I currently work as a CNA in the critical care unit of a local hospital (Much better than a Nursing Home for all you CNA's out there!). 
RN2be24
by New Member on Oct. 26, 2007 at 11:46 PM
Hi! My name is Audrey. I the mother of 2 children ages 5, and 2. I have been married to a member of the Armed Forces for 6 years. As of right now I am working on my PreReq's for my ADN. (Associate's Degree in Nursing) I look forward to talking to you guys!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN