Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Excited about starting school.

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 7:01 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 235 Total Views

Hi everyone, my name is Danita.  I will be celebrating my 24th birthday on March 12th.   I am happily married and we have a 2 1/2 year old little girl and a 4 month little boy.  I have been working on my pre-reqs for nursing school for about 5 years now.  I have taken all my pre-reqs except microbiology, and I also took pharmacology and health assessment.  I'm currently working as a CNA at a local nursing home.  My God that is hard work.  lol  I didn't score high enough on the nurse entrance test to apply for RN school so I applied to LVN school.  I  will find out in April rather or not I got accepted.  If I do get in I will be starting in May.  I'm very excited but I am also very nervous.  I don't want to leave my kids and be so busy with school that I hardly see them.   I am looking for support from all you mommies out there who are having to leave your kids while you are in nursing school.   =)  If you have any good study tips or memory devices please share.  lol

I love to chat and give advice, if I can help at all I will sure try. 

Good luck to everyone!!!

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 7:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Poppycorn95
by New Member on Mar. 8, 2009 at 7:56 PM

Hi!  I currently have 5 pre-reqs left before I can enter the nursing program.  This fall I will take English and Anatomy & Physiology...in the spring I'll take Anatomy 2... I don't know if I can take Microbiology with Anatomy or if I'll have to wait til summer. Summer I'll have microbiology and Advanced Physiology.

I'm currently 32 years old and the mommy to six children - Jenna is almost 14, Conner is 9, Macie and Chris are 5, Xander is almost 2, and Maddie is almost 4 months.  My goal is to get an Associate in Nursing and work part time once I graduate.

BttrMom0407
by on Mar. 10, 2009 at 7:20 PM

Hi and welcome to the group! I know what you mean about having kids. It's really tough and I feel bad a lot of the time but I try and study mostly when they're sleeping. I'm lucky because they take good naps and go to bed at a fairly reasonable time. Or the days my husband is off, he takes total control and I stay downstairs and study. I'm finishing up the last of the pre-reqs....I'm doing A&P 2, sociology and life span now and then I start nursing this fall. It's tough work....but if you commit yourself, you can do anything! Good luck...we're all here for you!

txmommyof3
by New Member on Mar. 11, 2009 at 9:50 AM

Sounds like you are on the right track. I will keep my fingers crossed for you that you get accepted.  I applied to 2 RN programs, one letter goes out on 3-13 and the other goes out mid april.

P.S. - We share the same birthday.  I will be 30 on the 12th.  Happy early birthday

beesmilin
by Member on Mar. 13, 2009 at 5:32 PM

Good luck!!! I am 29 yrs old and have a 5 yrold son. I just started LPN school. I started March 2. I love it. We are in microbiology right now. I am so excited!! It will take me two years to finish, cause it is part time. I have to work part time as well. Good luck!!

mom2LXS
by New Member on Mar. 18, 2009 at 7:39 PM

Sorry I'm just now getting back onto cafemom.  Happy birthday to you too!! 

momsbreak5654
by on Mar. 25, 2009 at 4:57 AM

I am an LPN and i also had a hard time leaving my kids for my schooling.  Granted they were older, but with sport and school activities, it was tough, but so worth it.

I've decided to continue with my education and obtain my RN.  I'm so excited!  If you ever need any advice....drop me  a line.

momschoice5654

(\__/) This is bunny. Copy and paste
(='.'=) bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him gain world domination
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)