Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New members introduce yourself here.

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:14 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 361 Total Views

My name is Erin, I am the creator of this group. I am 31, married and the mother of 4 beautiful babies 4 and under. I live in Duncan and would like to meet some moms around the area, because I am a stay at home mom and I don't get out the house much. Would like to meet other moms with kids of anyage, but also want my kids to make some friends.

Erin, mom to 4
Group Owner:
Member: 30 Something Moms, Happy Homeschoolers, mom’s who have had tubal ligations or reversal or want one, October 2010 babies, stay at home moms
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:11 PM
My name is Shelly and I live in the Central High area. I'm the mom of 4 and the Nana to 1.
by Member on Apr. 14, 2011 at 1:24 AM

Hi!! I'm Heather a 34yo SAHM to a beautiful 16yo daughter. I'm happily married for 4yrs.

by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 11:36 AM

My name is Michelle.  I live in Duncan.  I have two children and one step-child (may as well be mine). I am now married to my best friend, but had a prior abusive marriage.  My husband and I gained custody of his daughter when her bio mom went to prison. We are currently in court proceedings for him to adopt my two children and terminate any maternal visitations since she is out of prison now.

My husband works at Haliburton.  I have a full-time job with the family real estate business & an at home cake business mostly catering to family, friends, & team-mates.

My son is involved in soccer and my daughters are in girl scouts.

I stay busier than I'd like at times and would prefer to not work, but it keeps me moving which is a good thing since I now know that I have MS- staying active is key to my nuerological health. muffin

by Group Owner on Apr. 14, 2011 at 1:15 PM

Welcome and nice to meet you all. I created this group because everywhere I have lived, I have join the local group, but it seemed to be inactive and you can't get involved when you get no responses. I would like to make this group grow and stay active. So if you have something to say, feel free to post anything goes here, except the bickering and harrassing. The way I see it we are all grown women trying to raise our children the best way we see fit in this crazy world. Lets act like it. :D

by Member on Apr. 15, 2011 at 5:22 PM

Hi all! My name is Brandi. I have lived in Duncan for about a year now but have not met many people . I have a 3 year old son and 6 month old daughter. I am a stay at home mom so I would love to have a group to have playdates with. Nice to meet you all. :)

Michelle-Do you know of any soccer leagues in Duncan for 3 year olds? I am having a hard time finding activities around here for him! (even tball wants him to be 4! before joining)

by Group Owner on Apr. 15, 2011 at 10:23 PM

i think everything is 4+. I was going to try to add my 3 yo son to tball, along with my 4 yo daughter who is in pre-k but he had to be 4 by a certain date....

by New Member on Aug. 4, 2011 at 8:13 PM

Hi my name is liz and i am 24. I am engaged and pregnant. ME and my fiance just moved out here a couple months ago and i don't really know anyone. I am also trying to find a job. Hopefuly babysitting or housecleaning. I look forward to getting to know everyone. pregnant belly

by New Member on Aug. 5, 2011 at 1:08 PM

HI my name is Ashley, I am fairly new to Duncan. I moved here when I married my wonderful Husband. I have 3 children from a previous marriage and now expecting a baby ! I am so nervous about it because I miscarried in early spring and I really want this one to stick. I am a stay at home mom. My second son has mild autism but is getting better and better. I started a group for Green Moms at the Duncan Library to try and get connected in town, but meeting new people is harder than I thought. So i was excited to see this group!

by Group Owner on Sep. 2, 2011 at 9:51 PM

Welcome you two and i  applogize for taking so long to respond. I have been busy trying to get my oldest 2 enrolled ino a virtual school that i today have called it quits and decided to enroll them back into public school.  So now that i am back i will be working hard at updating things on this group so if any of you have anything to add, feel free.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)