Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Off topic a little: Stretch marks

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:27 PM
  • 14 Replies
  • 322 Total Views

Does anyone have a preference or know which works better the Mederma or the Bio Oil? I didn't have stretch marks above my pants line until labor lol I am hoping to fade them along with shrinking my belly so I look good all around but don't know which (if either) of the creams/oils actually work. Thanks for any info/opinions :)

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jenndera
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:36 PM

i heard the mederma works great. i use the original mederma formula on scars and it works great!!!! you really have to take the time to thoroughly massage it in though or it doesn't work.

shark_lover12
by Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:41 PM

Thanks, I thought I had some of the orginal mederma around, I should look and see if I can find it and start using some  :D

Brittanie0327
by Group Owner on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:46 PM

I want to try the mederma... Right now I use one of Avon's stretch mark creams, not sure if it worked or if it was just time that helped mine from my daughter. loll.

shark_lover12
by Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:05 PM

Hmm how much cheaper is Avon's stuff then the mederma? lol 

Anyone have any natural "remedies"? I have been looking some up and found a lot that say olive oil, aloe vera gel, vitamins e and a capsules (broken open) mixed together. 

Brittanie0327
by Group Owner on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:14 PM
jenndera
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:43 PM

rubbing any oil helps scars because the massaging gets the blood flowing which helps healing, but i'm not sure how it works for stretch marks. was just looking at mederma stretch mark cream reviews versus bio oil reviews for you and it seems that bio oil is the winner (and cheaper)

shark_lover12
by Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:00 PM

bb6510
by Head Admin on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:05 PM
I will have to try the mederma on my boons lol. That is the only place I got stretch marks. I went from an A to a D cup!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenndera
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:17 PM

i went from B to D. always wanted my boobs to be bigger...now i want them small again. i hate it!

bb6510
by Head Admin on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:21 PM
Haha I wouldn't mind having big boobs if they weren't covered in stretch marks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)