Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Tell Us About YOUR Mom! (Pics welcome)

Posted by on May. 7, 2011 at 2:28 PM
  • 13 Replies

happy mothers day2Tell us about YOUR mom!

What are your favorite and least favorite things about her?

Do you have a pic of her to share?

Join us on the Moms with Teens Group!   

YVONNE

by on May. 7, 2011 at 2:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
robertmommie
by on May. 7, 2011 at 3:55 PM

I'm on a new computer and don't have pics on it yet.  But my mom and I get along wonderfully now, even though we had rocky times when I was a teen.  I didn't agree with some of her choices she made for us and the more teen like I got, the more she didn't know what to do with me.  Now we talk forever when we get together, we are best friends for sure.  I think just like she does funny enough.  She is a country girl that never wants to go more then 30 miles from her house, so I always have to visit her.  She is overly considerate with calling, she actually talks her self out of calling because she is afraid she will interrupt something.  She fussed at me the other day for not calling sooner, I waited a little over a month because of being sick from not knowing I was exposed to black mold.  And I'm pregnant so it was horrible.  She told me to not let so much time go by before calling, silly woman. 

dusky_rose
by on May. 8, 2011 at 12:35 AM

I miss my mom. She had bipolar and she had her ups and downs, but I felt connected to her; we had good times being silly together. I feel like I have that same connection with my youngest DD. I was her birthday present, I was born 3 days after her birthday. Here is a picture of me with my mom. We were going out to a birthday dinner in 2002. I like to think of her looking down on us and smiling. She never got to meet my youngest son who was named in honor of her and my stillborn baby brother.

CJsMommy92
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:46 PM

I had a horrible relationship with my mom growing up but for about 2 years now we've gotten really close

offrdngal
by Terri on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:50 PM
My mother is a toxic person (I'm being extremely nice here) and I haven't talked to her, since '09. I won't ever speak to her again. My life is better without her in it.

hollydaze1974
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:09 PM
My favorite thing about her is family is first and being I'm an " only" that means my family comes first ( my parents are divorced)
We text everyday and she's so funny telling me about her day and conversations she's had . Her made up words that actually make sense! :-) we are very close and everyone, including hubby looks forward to her visits. She took care of my grandmother for the last five years until she passed even though grandmother was late stage alziemers and could be violent at times. But mom worked almost exclusively to pay for her medications and frequently had to hunt for them because grandmother would hide them thinking mom was trying to poison her ( she loved that Xanax , though!)

Her big heart got beaten down through that period, yet at the funeral she told me " I could have done it a few more years "

The only thing that ever irritates me is I'll be describing something and see the confusion on her face as she says "uh-huh" when it!s obvious she didn't understand. Or asking me what I said before I was done speaking. She has slight hearing loss, but alot of times one can gather the whole sentence with two or three context words ( this is why we text!)

I am mobile, and unfortunately, it's really hard to do pics!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bonneata
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I have two moms and I love and respect them both. My bio mom and I get along well. I love her for making the choice to send me to my dads I don't know how I would have turned out if she hadn't. My step mom taught me things like how to be a lady, self respect, respect for others, and working for what you want. I love both my moms.

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:11 PM
1 mom liked this

My mom and I are very close.  She is my world.  I am her only child, and was raised as such until my parents divorced when I was 13 and my dad told me that I have a half brother who I've only seen or spoken to once since, and a half sister who I've seen a couple times and she's on my FB but we aren't close. 

Anyway, because of the lies and other things that my dad has done to me and my mom over the years, she is my favorite person in the world besides my kids and my husband. She has taught me everything good in my life, and I appreciate her so much for it. 

This is her and me April 2012:

I love her so much and I would be/will be lost without her.  We talk every day, and she lives in NC while we are in WA.  She was here visiting me last April and we took this pic on my back steps :)

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:22 PM

My mom... 

Hmm...  Not sure where to start...

She will never be the mom or the grandma I want her to be.  I struggle with this more at times than others.  For the most part I have accepted she is who she is - and stopped being hurt over it. 

She is not a bad person - just not very "mom" like...

mitsukai127
by Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:46 PM

My mom and I have never got along.  I don't think we ever will.  She treats me like scum and honestly I am quick sick of it.

CJsMommy92
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:34 AM

I can understand that. Even if they are your parents, if a person does more bad than good in your life they don't belong in it.

Quoting offrdngal:

My mother is a toxic person (I'm being extremely nice here) and I haven't talked to her, since '09. I won't ever speak to her again. My life is better without her in it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN