Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Did I make the right choice???

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2012 at 9:41 AM
  • 615 Replies
19 moms liked this
The roads are bad here, all schools around us are closed, not ours though:\ I had two friends in wrecks this morning before 6:30, my brother called to tell me there were cars in the ditch everywhere. So I kept my kids home from school. My friend is pissed because the schools made the choice to have school and I didn't "follow" the rules. What do you ladies think??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 13, 2012 at 9:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
scazares
by New Member on Jan. 13, 2012 at 9:43 AM
125 moms liked this

to hell with your friend you are thinking of yours and your childrens safety!!!!

Baby_G_24
by on Jan. 13, 2012 at 9:47 AM
18 moms liked this

Wow, I cant believe shes mad for that...?!? Oh well, theyre your children & you were thinking of their safety, she shouldnt of doubted your judgement. She'll get over it...

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Jan. 13, 2012 at 9:52 AM
29 moms liked this

It doesn't matter what your friend thinks.  What matters is what you feel is best & safest for your children and yourself.  

Enjoy your snow day at home!  :)

hippiechic980
by Member on Jan. 13, 2012 at 9:55 AM
28 moms liked this
~Thanks Ladies~ My kids don't normally miss school. I have four and only one of them has missed any time at all this year and that was a week because he took a fall got hurt really bad. Not to mention the kids have started cleaning house on their own because mommy gave them a free day, and they wanted to say thanks...lol I am sure she will get over it just not sure why she is so upset about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof4qtz
by New Member on Jan. 13, 2012 at 9:55 AM
14 moms liked this

Uhm, I think you went with your gut & did what you think is right!  I probably would've done the same thing, along with a bunch of other parents, guarantee you that there are fewer kids in school if the roads are as bad as you say!  It was a judgement call.... your friend has no right to be "pissed" at you, lol!

Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Jan. 13, 2012 at 10:08 AM
10 moms liked this

Safety first!

LML1
by Kristy on Jan. 13, 2012 at 10:35 AM
7 moms liked this

They are YOUR kids... If you felt like keeping your kids home was in their best interest then you did the right thing as a parent.

Dino2012
by Member on Jan. 13, 2012 at 10:42 AM
2 moms liked this
your child safety comes first! and there no rule for sending your kids to school. my mom does that all the time if its not safe plus when I took the bus we told her how bad she drove and she didn't wanna drive us, she'll keep us home. but if it starts getting bad she'll get someone to pick us. but forget your friend who got mad. that's so stupppid!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommeeTo4
by Smart Mouth McGee on Jan. 13, 2012 at 10:54 AM
6 moms liked this
You made the right choice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KeriAZ
by on Jan. 13, 2012 at 11:03 AM
5 moms liked this

Ummm. Why should she be pissed?? They aint her kids! Id keep them home too if things were that bad on the roads

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN