Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Did I make the right choice???

Posted by   + Show Post
The roads are bad here, all schools around us are closed, not ours though:\ I had two friends in wrecks this morning before 6:30, my brother called to tell me there were cars in the ditch everywhere. So I kept my kids home from school. My friend is pissed because the schools made the choice to have school and I didn't "follow" the rules. What do you ladies think??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 13, 2012 at 9:41 AM
Replies (51-60):
gcstar42
by on Jan. 14, 2012 at 1:53 AM

Haha I did the same thing on tuesday. We hardly ever get snow here and we finally got a couple of inches. We didnt get any snow at all last winter. So even though it didnt snow enough to cancel school I kept my son home to play and enjoy a snow day with his sisters. For us it is a very rare and special occurence and not something my kids will get to experience too many times in their childhood. Also people do not do well driving in snow around here since nobody is use to it and nobody has snow tires or anything like that so I felt like it was best to skip the regular 30 minute drive to my sons school (which would probably have been much longer with the roads snowy and icy).

Stacie-Kim
by New Member on Jan. 14, 2012 at 1:56 AM

YOU make the safty choices for YOUR children NO ONE else!!!

SuperFlyKy
by on Jan. 14, 2012 at 2:03 AM

I would have kept my daughter home. My mother did it when we were young, the school district/ bus barn doesn't always make the right choice. We have to protect ourselves and our kids because if we don't who else will?

hspear
by on Jan. 14, 2012 at 2:04 AM

I say F that. I grew up in THAT school district, the one where there's 4 feet of snow, its 10 below zero out, there's 3 inches of ice under all the snow with another coat of ice over the snow, and they still didn't call off. If it's dangerous out, do not send your kids to school. Keep them home, keep them safe. Kudos, mama :-)

ZsMommy
by on Jan. 14, 2012 at 2:39 AM

I think your friend is an idiot and should respect your choice for your children.

I don't blame you-safety first.

Roadfamily6now
by on Jan. 14, 2012 at 3:06 AM
1 mom liked this

they are your kids, you can do what you want.

lovefromwithin
by on Jan. 14, 2012 at 3:35 AM

You did what you thought was absolutely necessary. In my opinion, I think you made the right choice - I would do the same thing!

coreilly89
by on Jan. 14, 2012 at 6:41 AM

I say they're your children and your friend can suck a fat one. 

mrzjohnson26
by New Member on Jan. 14, 2012 at 7:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Im sorry to put my nose where it doesnt belong but your friend needs to mind her own, those are your children and your job as a mom is to protect them and keep them from harm, if all those other schoold were closed and your friends were in a wreck, i believe you made the right decision to keep your kids safe and warm, you dont know what could have happened with the weather being that bad, tell your friend to stop being so uptight and stop following the rules and think about her kids health and safety, dont feel like your doing anything wrong, they are YOUR kids which makes it YOUR decision, when she starts paying your bills and supporting your kids THEN she can put her 2 cents in

:) have a good day

Judith3247
by on Jan. 14, 2012 at 7:21 AM
Safety first!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)