Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Virginia lawmaker: Children with disabilities are God’s punishment to women who previously had abortions.

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 6:32 PM
  • 54 Replies

Virginia lawmaker: Children with disabilities are God’s punishment to women who previously had abortions.

On Thursday, Virginia State Delegate Bob Marshall (R) spoke at a press conference against state funding for Planned Parenthood. He blasted the organization for supporting a women’s right to choose, saying that God punishes women who have had abortions by giving them disabled children:

The number of children who are born subsequent to a first abortion with handicaps has increased dramatically. Why? Because when you abort the first born of any, nature takes its vengeance on the subsequent children,” said Marshall, a Republican.

“In the Old Testament, the first born of every being, animal and man, was dedicated to the Lord. There’s a special punishment Christians would suggest.”

Marshall is also fighting against health care reform, saying that “Obamacare” is trying to take “your soul.” Former Alaska governor Sarah Palin has been pushing back against high-profile figures and entities who have been attacking people with disabilities. Will she speak out against someone in her own party?

by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 6:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kris_PBG
by Representative on Jan. 16, 2012 at 6:32 PM
4 moms liked this

I hate when ignorant people are given a microphone - let alone put in office.

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Jan. 16, 2012 at 6:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I have a child with a disability but have never had an abortion.... that dang fool 

Bugbait
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 7:30 PM
2 moms liked this

So. according to El Stupido every woman who has/will have a child with disabilities has had an abortion? Disabled people are punishments? Disabled people are bad? I have heard some pretty stupid things in my life. This is one of the stupidest.

BaBeezandMe
by CakeChic on Jan. 16, 2012 at 7:37 PM
3 moms liked this

so how does this ass wipe explain the fact that I have 7 year old ADHD/Autistic twin boys and I NEVER had an abortion??  He DON'T wanna cross my path!!

Here is what I really think, those boys were as much a gift as any "typical" child!  He needs to eat SH*T and die!!

Tal0n
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 7:39 PM
1 mom liked this

My first child was born with a heart defect that was incompatible with life.

I had never had an abortion.

He died four days after he was born.

I had an abortion for a blighted ovum in '98.

My daughter was born in '00 with a minor heart defect and as it turns out, Aspergers Syndrome.

However I also have Aspergers.  Guess I'm being punished?  Good thing I don't believe in a Christian deity.

No higher power I could believe in would be that cruel and sadistic.  I feel sorry for those who worship it.  It doesn't deserve worship.

Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Jan. 16, 2012 at 7:40 PM

What a complete ass hat!

BaBeezandMe
by CakeChic on Jan. 16, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Quoting Tal0n:

My first child was born with a heart defect that was incompatible with life.

I had never had an abortion.

He died four days after he was born.

I had an abortion for a blighted ovum in '98.

My daughter was born in '00 with a minor heart defect and as it turns out, Aspergers Syndrome.

However I also have Aspergers.  Guess I'm being punished?  Good thing I don't believe in a Christian deity.

No higher power I could believe in would be that cruel and sadistic.  I feel sorry for those who worship it.  It doesn't deserve worship.

I am SO SORRY for your loss my friend.

hugs

MommeeTo4
by Smart Mouth McGee on Jan. 16, 2012 at 7:48 PM
Same here

Quoting hayliedlr:

I have a child with a disability but have never had an abortion.... that dang fool 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommeeTo4
by Smart Mouth McGee on Jan. 16, 2012 at 7:49 PM
4 moms liked this
It's a Damn shame that out of one hundred thousand sperm, HE was the fastest swimmer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stacie-Kim
by New Member on Jan. 16, 2012 at 7:51 PM
1 mom liked this

WOW ... OMFG ... HOW DO STUPID STUPID PEOPLE LIKE THIS GET ELECTED FOR ANYTHING HOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)