Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sex sex sex! ugh!

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2012 at 3:13 PM
  • 26 Replies
My husband is always BUGGING me about sex! I've always worked 40plus hours as long as I Can remember but when I Had my now 7month old I became a SAHM. I think taking care of the household is just as demanding as having a paycheck job If not harder. I LOOK FORWARD to bedtime! :) as in SLEEP. After dealing with children all day, sex is the last thing on my mind. When I ask hubby to do a favor for me. . . Sometimes He plays the OH I'M FEELING sick card. But on the same note he's not to ill to harass me for sex. Lol. EVERYDAY! Its not that I don't enjoy it but just like I tell him: ugh! You make this feel like another job for me. I wish He would understand how it makes me feel. sometimes I feel obligated to Have sex With him just so He doesn't go look somewhere else. . . Not that I believe He would. . But that's what crosses my mind. It makes me resentful towards him. Has anyone else Had this happen?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 17, 2012 at 3:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sonja636
by New Member on Jan. 17, 2012 at 3:40 PM
1 mom liked this

well now! I think that youre probably just a lil overwhelmed with the life changes. going from 40+hours of working outside of the home to being in the home 24/7 can definatly make you wanna take a step back and rethink your choice!! lol I say this after being married for 17yrs and a sahm for majority of my children's life (25,23,18,14)then, went to work for 5yrs, then back to sahm! it is amazing just how much is actually involved in running a home,plus kids, plus hubby, and trying not to loose yourself in the mix!! If you are able to steal a cpl moments for you(making you happy) whatever makes you smile is enough to ease the tension! you will be surprised as to how good you feel when you dont forget to take care of you as well as everything/everyone else...try it lemme know how it went....i take rides in the car,go to the mall,sit alone and just think of the things i want to do for me,listen to music (these are a few of the smile makers i have that make me a happy camper when it seems like there's always something to do for someone!) good luck!fingers crossed

darrensmom11
by Kristine on Jan. 17, 2012 at 3:59 PM
Lol! Yes! IT IS DEFINITELY OVERWHELMING to be a SAHM! BUT I'LL DEFINITELY TAKE THE STRESS HERE AT HOME JUST TO BE ABLE TO STAY WITH MY BABY. :) I Love working on projects here at home With the kids and being able to cook breakfast lunch and dinner for the family. If I worked. . . I wouldn't be able to do half the stuff With my kiddos that I do now. As for hubby. . . I'll just Have to SUCK it up and continue my wifely duties. Lol. Thanks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Jan. 17, 2012 at 8:47 PM
3 moms liked this
You are preaching to the choir! I know exactly how you feel.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wish2bdifferent
by on Jan. 17, 2012 at 10:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I am not a stay at home mom but I do work 40+ hours a week and have 2 teenagers.  With the stress of teenagers and work, the last thing I want to do is that as well.  When I go to bed, I go for sleep.  I feel horrible about it but just have no desire for that. We are married 19 years and i am perfectly happy with a hug and that is all. 

hannies_momma
by on Jan. 18, 2012 at 5:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Nope sorry, I am a nympho, and am usually bugging him for it.... several times a day. Friendly advice though.... never tell him its like a job, that could really hurt his feelings, even if he pretends it doesnt.

darrensmom11
by Kristine on Jan. 18, 2012 at 7:51 AM
Lol. K thanks

Quoting hannies_momma:

Nope sorry, I am a nympho, and am usually bugging him for it.... several times a day. Friendly advice though.... never tell him its like a job, that could really hurt his feelings, even if he pretends it doesnt.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sandraaa
by Member on Jan. 18, 2012 at 8:29 AM
1 mom liked this

yes i hear you,  my husbands favorite reply ifwheen i ask for help is  say oh and what are you going to do for me. ?  ugh

MushroomDoula
by New Member on Jan. 18, 2012 at 8:34 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm not saying you should have to do anything you don't want to do, but it might help to remind yourself that a lot of women's husbands won't touch them. A lot of women's husbands have low sex drive, which leaves the wife feeling unattractive and unloved. I'd rather be the woman who's problem is that their husband is "always bugging them for sex" than the one who wishes her husband would touch her again.

momoftwo0406
by Member on Jan. 18, 2012 at 8:37 AM
I have pretty much been a sahm for the last 2 years. I do go to school while the kids are at school however after everything is done for the day. I can still get the energy for sex. Cause I know when I'm done and my head hits the pillow. I'm down for the count and normally get a great night of sleep. :)

Just don't tell dh it's like a job it will hurt his feelings.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlleyCat578
by on Jan. 18, 2012 at 8:59 AM
2 moms liked this

Nope. If I don't want sex my husband understands. He needs to respect how you feel. If your tired your tired.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)