Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

I see bad parents everywhere!

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2012 at 5:03 PM
  • 15 Replies

Hi I'm new here. I was wondering if any of you have witnessed a trend I see when I take my kids out....people ignoring their kids and their bad behavior. It's so distressing! I read an article today that really got me going because I see it all the time. It's so politically incorrect to call out bad parenting but I'm so sick of my kids being the victims of the wild things and their bad parents. This article suggested getting more involved and saying something to the parents...what do you think about that? for reference here is the article. Have you ever diciplined someone else's child because they wouldn't? McDonald's playland is the worst. I've had to do it there all the time. Drives me crazy. and the idiot parents don't do anything! Some of them even go sit in the restaurant while their kids play alone! I don't get it. I really don't. Why have kids if you're not going to help them become decent human beings?

by on Jan. 18, 2012 at 5:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SAHM_09
by on Jan. 18, 2012 at 5:33 PM

I would never discipline another person child unless I had permission too. I discipline my daughter all the time. I give her three warnings and then i pop her tale. If I am at a restaurantor store I take her to the car or into the bathroom and pop her tale.  Makes me angry too when parents don't discipline there children. Alot  are afraid these days due to all the crazy laws about spanking your kids etc. That is why alot of kids later on become problem children and end up in jail later on in life.

mom2girls419
by New Member on Jan. 18, 2012 at 5:39 PM

When I say dicipline, I mean stop them from their behavior....for instance a little boy was blocking the end of the slide and the children behind him were getting hurt and his parents were nowhere or just ignoring it so I went up to him and ordered him off the slide! I hate doing it, but what are you supposed to do? leave? I just get so annoyed at people. I need a drink. lol

EireLass
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2012 at 5:57 PM
1 mom liked this

When I've seen kids out of control, obviously it's useless to even bring it to the parents attention. If the parent were being attentive it wouldn't be happening, right? So I have never done that. I've always reprimanded the kids. And now because we live in a 'don't talk to strangers, strangers are bad' it actually works in my favor because just talking normal to the kids it scares the shit out of them. Thanks stupid parent.

PEEK05
by on Jan. 18, 2012 at 5:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't feel like getting punched in the face by an asshole who can't raise their kids right, so no, I won't be saying anything to anyone.

MommeeTo4
by Smart Mouth McGee on Jan. 18, 2012 at 6:01 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't only because I don't know the situation completely. The child may be autistc, have a mental condition, or something else. You never know
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Jan. 18, 2012 at 7:09 PM

I won't do it bc it's not my kid.  the parents will just have problems when they get older

Strega
by Tami on Jan. 18, 2012 at 7:13 PM

Same. I just roll my eyes and go about my business.

Quoting hayliedlr:

I won't do it bc it's not my kid.  the parents will just have problems when they get older

wedding website

PhotobucketFollow Me on Pinterest

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Jan. 18, 2012 at 9:06 PM
I'm a teacher. I am so used to disciplining other peoples children during the day I have found myself doing so out of habit sometimes when out. I have to remind myself to not do it!
LAmom1019
by on Jan. 18, 2012 at 9:10 PM

I believe in old school discipline. There is a difference between abusing the child & spanking the child. I see bad kids everywhere and the parents could careless what happens to them. My daughter is 1 & I get onto her. She's not too young. No, I do not hit/spank my daughter but I do tell her no firmly. She's a little petite thing so spanking her is completely out of the picture. If you're child is old enough to get onto then I say go ahead and do it.

mom2girls419
by New Member on Jan. 18, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Staying out of it doesn't seem to be a good strategy because as they grow up they won't just be a problem for their parents but for society by either being a drain on the taxpayer (in jail) or a threat to safety...or just an a-hole. and who needs more of those?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)