Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

I see bad parents everywhere!

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi I'm new here. I was wondering if any of you have witnessed a trend I see when I take my kids out....people ignoring their kids and their bad behavior. It's so distressing! I read an article today that really got me going because I see it all the time. It's so politically incorrect to call out bad parenting but I'm so sick of my kids being the victims of the wild things and their bad parents. This article suggested getting more involved and saying something to the parents...what do you think about that? for reference here is the article. Have you ever diciplined someone else's child because they wouldn't? McDonald's playland is the worst. I've had to do it there all the time. Drives me crazy. and the idiot parents don't do anything! Some of them even go sit in the restaurant while their kids play alone! I don't get it. I really don't. Why have kids if you're not going to help them become decent human beings?

by on Jan. 18, 2012 at 5:03 PM
Replies (11-15):
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Jan. 19, 2012 at 1:35 PM
I don't discipline other kids unless I have permission to. If I do then I just discipline them the same way I do my kids...either with a Look, or they get timeout.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darrensmom11
by Kristine on Jan. 19, 2012 at 2:15 PM
Kris, what grade do you teach?

Quoting Kris_PBG:

I'm a teacher. I am so used to disciplining other peoples children during the day I have found myself doing so out of habit sometimes when out. I have to remind myself to not do it!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kris_PBG
by Representative on Jan. 19, 2012 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting darrensmom11:

Y

I teach pre-k at a public school. I am certified Prek-6th grade, but i enjoy the younger ones -for now! Lol!!!!
bellasmommy1988
by New Member on Jan. 19, 2012 at 4:42 PM

I have yelled at my god daughter when she was at my house a few times because she was screaming and taking my daughters toys away from her and my friend got mad but didnt say anything cause she knew i was in the right. But if i was out in public and it was children or parents i didnt know i wouldent say anything it's not my place to tell a stranger how to raise their kid. I only say something if the children are at my house and the parents are just sitting there not caring i have yelled at my friend before to cause my daughter has picked up on the bad behavior and i dont like that...

MissJamie12
by Member on Jan. 19, 2012 at 4:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I will talk to another persons child if their behavior is affecting my children negatively. If they're not affecting me I just roll my eyes and talk sh*t about them later...lol but I will tell a kid to be nice if they're being a bully or something. As parents we have to stick up for our own kids so like I said, if the other child's behavior affects my kids I'll say something but otherwise no.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN