Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

My Step daughter looks like me¿?

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2012 at 10:21 PM
  • 22 Replies
I've been raising my step daughter for a year now. Its obvious that she's quite attached to me. Even when we go out somewhere . . People can't tell we're no where related thru blood. I personally do not think that She looks like me but Soooo many times strangers Have said oh she's so pretty. . Your daughter looks JUST LIKE YOU. I'm left thinking Wth? I've never once corrected them By telling them she's not my biological daughter for fear of embarrassing them. Here's the question: If you were that stranger. . Would you want me to tell you i'm not her real mother.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 20, 2012 at 10:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kris_PBG
by Representative on Jan. 20, 2012 at 10:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope - it is sweeter on so many levels that you don't!

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Jan. 20, 2012 at 11:02 PM
No I wouldn't :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Apollos82
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2012 at 11:04 PM
2 moms liked this
As a stranger, I would hope that you would care more about not hurting your step daughter than what I think.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darrensmom11
by Kristine on Jan. 20, 2012 at 11:15 PM
2 moms liked this
Ah. . Well in that case. . I'll just keep saying thank you. :). She loves calling herself my daughter.

Quoting Apollos82:

As a stranger, I would hope that you would care more about not hurting your step daughter than what I think.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Jan. 21, 2012 at 12:20 AM
1 mom liked this

This for sure :-)

Quoting Apollos82:

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on Jan. 21, 2012 at 12:21 AM

OT but how did you get your question mark upside down??

Lynette
by on Jan. 21, 2012 at 12:30 AM

I wouldn't correct them.

When I was growing up I was always told how much I looked like my step-grandma, She was told the same thing.  We took it as a compliment and because I knew we weren't actually related the idea always made me feel extra special(especially because Grandma never said anything).  Now that one of my sons is a spitting image of me people say he must get his looks from my step grandma too.  I love it.

My sons look like me, nothing like their dad, although some say they do.  I think it's because they are male.  But my daughter on the other hand looks exactly like DH's baby pictures, and absolutely nothing like me.  No one says she looks like me(I am blond, she is brunetteetc).  People have actually asked if she was mine(kinda a rude question IMO).  And yeah DH and I are the biological parents.

Apollos82
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2012 at 12:31 AM
I just re-read what I wrote--I may have sounded snotty. I apologize!

I am glad you and your step-daughter have each other. :)

Quoting darrensmom11:

Ah. . Well in that case. . I'll just keep saying thank you. :). She loves calling herself my daughter.

Quoting Apollos82:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darrensmom11
by Kristine on Jan. 21, 2012 at 4:15 AM
Oh no. Not Snotty. I understood what you meant. :)

Quoting Apollos82:

I just re-read what I wrote--I may have sounded snotty. I apologize!

I am glad you and your step-daughter have each other. :)

Quoting darrensmom11:

Quoting Apollos82:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darrensmom11
by Kristine on Jan. 21, 2012 at 4:17 AM
I'm using my phone. And I went into SYMBOLS to get the upside down mark.

Quoting paganbaby:

OT but how did you get your question mark upside down??

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)