Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

"No one should EVER be spanked for ANY reason!!!"

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2012 at 1:43 PM
  • 170 Replies

That is a direct quote from a CPS worker that visted our house...on Valentine's Day.

The reason he was here is because we are now being investigated because my wonderful daughter Madison went to school and told the counselor she was spanked by Daddy because she stole her sister's iPod twice.  Which was true.  He spanked her very lightly twice for stealing and once for lying about stealing it.  The CPS guy came to their school on Monday and talked with my younger 3 girls each separately.  He freaked them out.  They have cried every morning before going to school, and they don't want to play outside because they feel like he will come and take them away from us.  He said that he would if Mommy and Daddy weren't nice people.

So now we are investigated because of this.  Valentine's Day was not good for us at all.  We never even celebrated because we were so stressed.  The CPS guy was here for 5 hours asking us questions and looking at our house.  He told us that if our downstairs and kitchen aren't spotless the next time he comes that he WILL take our kids. Our playroom and 2 bedrooms are downstairs.  Madison's room, Angel and Kiara's rooms, the playroom and a bathroom are down there.  He said there should be more food here.  We just spent almost $1,000 in food a few days ago *on the 8th*. 

He talked to Leigh's cousin and said he will see him at a "family meeting" soon.  He never said anything about a family meeting.  We will never know before he comes by.  We are not sleeping or eating well at all.  We are walking on eggshells now. He has 90 days to make his final report.  This is only Day 2.  This is going to be a long 90 days. 

That was my Valentine's Day.  This year I am laughing at all of the "He didn't get me S*** for Valentine's Day" posts because we didn't even think about the day while this was all going on. Valentine's Day was ruined for us.

No, we haven't done anything wrong by any other standards, but when the letters C P & S are in succession like that it always strikes fear in the hearts of even the best parents.  My mom says not to worry about it, she has our backs *the guy has her number, so he WILL be calling her* but I just can't help it.  This guy is trying everything possible to get our kids taken away.

I'm scared.

by on Feb. 16, 2012 at 1:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SC_Mom31
by New Member on Feb. 16, 2012 at 1:57 PM

First of all, I'm sorry that you and your family are being put through hell because some nosey counselor called CPS. I can't imagine having the thought of my DD being taken from me.   What prompted the couselor being told? Was there a teacher in the room when the CPS jerk was questioning your daughters? I hope your family will find some peace in this. 

p1r4t3cr0pc1rcl
by on Feb. 16, 2012 at 2:02 PM
5 moms liked this

Dont be scared, if you are doing nothing wrong, then they cannot do anything. 

I know its hard but look into the laws and standards and on what grounds they can legally take the children. 

Make sure if HE or anyone else makes any comments that you can tell him you know the laws. Do alot of research on it, because sometimes social workers are plain fucking stupid. They go based on their morals vs what is legally allowed. 

It sucks for both sides on that. 

mumbosauce
by on Feb. 16, 2012 at 2:05 PM
2 moms liked this

They dont really want your kids, they want to scare you. It will all work out in the end. (hugs)

PortiaRose
by on Feb. 16, 2012 at 2:05 PM
1 mom liked this
In ca its open hand. Open hand below the waist.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RaLeighsMommy11
by Member on Feb. 16, 2012 at 2:12 PM
3 moms liked this
Well I'm really big on no spanking so I think spanking for the reason he did was very inappropriate. There was other ways he could of handled it.
Do I think you should get your kids taken away JUST FOR THAT? no I do not. But other things may be playing a big part in it that I don't know. Like what your daughter really said to the counselor. Some kids can say things for adults to feel sorry for them.

But I would not worry. As long as you have food and the house is clean they aren't going to do anything. Cps never wants to take kids away from their parents but they do want to scare them So they know better. And idk what state your in but spanking may be against the law? Idk I know they are tryIng to pass that law here & I know of a few other states trying to pass it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
calimom1123
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2012 at 2:13 PM
Wow im so sorry. Here in ca it is legal to spank but not to make a mark on the child. My sister did something similar. In 5th grade they had someone come and talk about abuse and told kids to let them know if theyve been hit or hurt by their parents. Being a kid she told the teacher her mom hits her all the time..lol.. Wasnt true,she did get spanked once in a while. My mom had to go in to the school and explain herself,luckily they didnt call cps! Hang in there it is a scary thing!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sjump25
by on Feb. 16, 2012 at 2:25 PM
9 moms liked this
Wow. I am shocked. I hear of babies dying at the hands of their parents and CPS is aware of the abuse and nothing is done about it. Then I hear stories like this where they are making a big deal of nothing. This angers me. While you are being harassed for something so small another child actually IS being beat and nothing is being done. I'm so sorry momma.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommeeTo4
by Smart Mouth McGee on Feb. 16, 2012 at 3:15 PM
I'm so sorry mama. What state are you in?

Missouri is a "spanking" state as long as It's done on the bottom without leaving bruises.

I would check the state laws.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EireLass
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2012 at 3:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I would be calling my lawyer.

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Feb. 16, 2012 at 3:23 PM

he can't threaten you like that at all.  call and talk to a supervisor and if at all possible, get a lawyer.  He won't be able to stop by without your lawyer present.  check you state laws and I am so sorry this has happened to you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)