Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

**Question of the Day--2/22**

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 12:12 PM
  • 28 Replies

The first question of the day is:

'When Was The Last Time You Tried Something New?'

Feel free to answer this or pass it by.  It's just for fun! good

by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 12:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Feb. 22, 2012 at 12:14 PM
1 mom liked this

The last time I tried something new was a few weeks ago.  It was a new recipe off of Pinterest.  If you know me you know I don't cook at all unless you want burnt food, so for me to want to cook something and have it actually taste good is a miracle ;)

*Which I DID want to cook it, and it WAS good!*

Thelmama
by Thelma on Feb. 22, 2012 at 12:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Hmmmmmmmm...let's see.  The other night I tried something at a chinese restaurant..I did not like it, it made me nauseaous..but than again I am on antibiotics and nothing tastes really good, so maybe I shoudl try again..another time..LOL

Proud_Mommy05
by Member on Feb. 22, 2012 at 12:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I recently started making flower and bow clips for babies, girls, and women, in January.  However, on Saturday I made my first bow out of silk ribbon...It was a bit challenging but turned out fabulous!!  Okay, so Sunday was the last time I tried something new!  lol

connietrrll
by Member on Feb. 22, 2012 at 12:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I have a rule (of sorts)! When ever we go somewhere that I have personally never been, I like to try their local specialties. Like for instance I am from Binghamton NY. Our claim to fame, food wise, is Spiedies. Spiedies are chicken, lamb, pork, or beef cut up in cubes, marinated in a very delicious Italian dressing, and cooked on skewer, on the grill. You eat them as a sandwich. On one piece of Italian bread, folded around them. Some people use mustard or mayonaise on them, but most eat them plain!

I hate shrimp! But, we went to Ohana's in Disney World, and I ate it there. It was delicious. Then they had the most amazing desert. It was a banana custard, pineapple upside down cake. Those are 2 flavors I would never personally eat. But, I not only ate my portion of it, but everyone else's!

Those were the last 2 different things I have tried, and that was in 2008. LOL

Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Feb. 22, 2012 at 4:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Today...I had a fish sammie from Wendy's and it was actually really good! LOL

Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Feb. 22, 2012 at 5:00 PM

Ohana is my favorite place ever!  We live about 30 mins from Disney so we go every chance we get!

Quoting connietrrll:

I have a rule (of sorts)! When ever we go somewhere that I have personally never been, I like to try their local specialties. Like for instance I am from Binghamton NY. Our claim to fame, food wise, is Spiedies. Spiedies are chicken, lamb, pork, or beef cut up in cubes, marinated in a very delicious Italian dressing, and cooked on skewer, on the grill. You eat them as a sandwich. On one piece of Italian bread, folded around them. Some people use mustard or mayonaise on them, but most eat them plain!

I hate shrimp! But, we went to Ohana's in Disney World, and I ate it there. It was delicious. Then they had the most amazing desert. It was a banana custard, pineapple upside down cake. Those are 2 flavors I would never personally eat. But, I not only ate my portion of it, but everyone else's!

sjump25
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 5:17 PM
1 mom liked this
I just tried a new recipe for dinner tonight! I am ALWAYS trying new recipes. Love pinterest :) Other than that nothing really.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
connietrrll
by Member on Feb. 22, 2012 at 5:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I would never move to Florida, unless I could live right next Ohana's, and go as often as I like!!!!

Quoting Kodysmommy928:

Ohana is my favorite place ever!  We live about 30 mins from Disney so we go every chance we get!

Quoting connietrrll:

connietrrll
by Member on Feb. 22, 2012 at 5:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I just signed up for pinterest a few weeks ago. I guess that would be trying something new. lol

Quoting sjump25:

I just tried a new recipe for dinner tonight! I am ALWAYS trying new recipes. Love pinterest :) Other than that nothing really.

BaBeezandMe
by CakeChic on Feb. 22, 2012 at 5:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Actually about 2 weeks ago.  I tried making swedish meatballs at home and they came out GREAT!!  Tonight I am trying something new also.  I am making a homemade chicken pot pie!  I will give you an update later.  I hope everything worked out at your meeting today!!  I thought about you all day!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)