Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Does this make me horrible??

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 9:33 AM
  • 10 Replies
Last night when my DD woke up I had to pee SO BAD!!! I changed her diaper while she was still in bed then handed her the bottle so I could go to the bathroom.

She has not been sleeping well at all btw. When I came back in the room she was happy and content and I was so tired. I left her in bed with her bottle. She fell asleep and I took the bottle out of her bed covered her up and went to sleep.

I NEVER prop bottles and have never done this with any of my kids.

Have u ever done this?? Am I horrible??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 9:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darrensmom11
by Kristine on Feb. 24, 2012 at 9:47 AM
I hated doing that too . . With my first. I remember I Had a friend babysit my Son and I said my only request was that She NOT prop up the bottle. She ended up taking pics cuz She said He was so cute. I saw the pics. . ONE WAS WHERE SHE HAD PROPPED UP HIS BOTTLE. Ugh! I'm not saying I never ever ever did that. . Cuz I did. . Like when I was getting ready for work or something. . . A few times when He was older than an infant. . . But right now with my 2nd I BF so that's not a problem. I don't think you doing that is a huge issue If its only done every now and then.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nursetina
by Member on Feb. 24, 2012 at 10:14 AM

every once in awhile I don't think is a bad thing as long as it isn't a habit. I never did it but sometimes when you are past exhaustion, you do what you gotta do.

gomomgomom
by Member on Feb. 24, 2012 at 10:16 AM
Yes only every now and them. That was the first time I did it but I
Felt so guilty. I am all about that binding moment. I have never been able to breastfeed so I try to make th most of the bottles.

Quoting darrensmom11:

I hated doing that too . . With my first. I remember I Had a friend babysit my Son and I said my only request was that She NOT prop up the bottle. She ended up taking pics cuz She said He was so cute. I saw the pics. . ONE WAS WHERE SHE HAD PROPPED UP HIS BOTTLE. Ugh! I'm not saying I never ever ever did that. . Cuz I did. . Like when I was getting ready for work or something. . . A few times when He was older than an infant. . . But right now with my 2nd I BF so that's not a problem. I don't think you doing that is a huge issue If its only done every now and then.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
avonleafan
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 10:25 AM

Honestly, once they could hold their own bottles, I did it all the time. I feel like they need to learn how to go to sleep on their own, without my being there. I BF DS1 until he was 13 months; the other two I BF until they were 7 months and 4 months, respectively. Obviously with DS1 he was way past being able to hold his bottle til the time we were through BFing. However, he was also the one I had the most trouble getting to sleep though the night. I'm not say it was BF v. FF; I think it's just the way he is, lol. But by the time the other two came along, I was ready for my sleep back.

Oh, and just to add...............there were many reasons I only BF my youngest two until that age. It wasn't because of the sleep issues. 

mommy2threeboyz
by New Member on Feb. 24, 2012 at 11:44 AM

I do alot of the time during the day. But in my defense, I have 6 month old twins and a 3yr old. I only have 2 hands, and everyone wants to eat at the same time. Lol. I watch them while it is propped, to make sure they are not geting choked. I don't leave the room, just don't have enough hands to take care of feeding & burping 2, plus doing what my older son needs.

jsavy
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Yes, I had twins and had too sometimes but preferred not too, or when I got the flu and couldn't hold the bottle for them ( lucky just to get the bottle to them) thought I was dying, had a two year old too....all in diapers. They are 35 and 37 now, wow I am getting old!

gomomgomom
by Member on Feb. 24, 2012 at 1:48 PM
Wow momma. U got ur hands full!!

Quoting mommy2threeboyz:

I do alot of the time during the day. But in my defense, I have 6 month old twins and a 3yr old. I only have 2 hands, and everyone wants to eat at the same time. Lol. I watch them while it is propped, to make sure they are not geting choked. I don't leave the room, just don't have enough hands to take care of feeding & burping 2, plus doing what my older son needs.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy2threeboyz
by New Member on May. 2, 2012 at 6:54 AM

Yes I do! Lol.

nicole2884
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:14 AM

i would not make a habit of it but if its truly a rare thing then no biggie, they do say proping bottles can lead to teeth issues later on

sjump25
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:02 AM

You are not horrible!  You gotta do what you gotta do sometimes.  I propped bottles sometimes.  It's not the end of the world.  You are fine, momma :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)