Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

found a lost child today

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 8:25 PM
  • 56 Replies
8 moms liked this
Today we decided to go to the Zoo.

Upon walking up to the entrance I saw a little boy standing in the parking lot bawling his eyes out.
No one was really paying him any attention and he look scared.

The mama bear in me came out and I walked up to him and asked his name and how old he was and where his mama or daddy was

He said red car.

I told him let's go get a cop to help find mama.

No no the cop is bad was his response.

I told him ok, you come with me, I'm a mama too, those are.my babies (pointing at my kids) and I'm gonna find your mama.

He squeezed my hand and started walking up to the Zoo entrance.
I saw a Zoo employee running up to me shouting you found him, I have his parents let me have him.

She tried taking his hand he screamed and grabbed me
The Zoo lady told me to follow her because he trusts me.

We walked him down to the gate and his dad came running up to me grabbed him up and said thank you, where did you find him?

I said the parking lot

Omg he really got far said the dad, we were in the middle of the zoo
Thanks thank God for you. And he walked away.

I was so shook up after they walked off I cried my eyes out.

The little guy was 4 and couldn't talk well and scared and no one paid him any attention. I didn't care the circumstances, I wasn't leaving until I found his mommy.

Idk why nobody paid him attention.
I hate to think it was a race issue, but who knows. All I saw was a scared little boy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 8:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ilovemykids732
by Member on Mar. 18, 2012 at 8:27 PM

good job mama... I have found a little boy all alone at an intersection near home... he was crying... he ran away from DSs school... lemme tell you how fast I called the cops and pulled MY ds out of that school... =__=

MommeeTo4
by Smart Mouth McGee on Mar. 18, 2012 at 8:33 PM
Thanks, my heart sunk when I seen him, and I got into defense mode lol

Omg I don't blame you, that is scary.

Quoting ilovemykids732:

good job mama... I have found a little boy all alone at an intersection near home... he was crying... he ran away from DSs school... lemme tell you how fast I called the cops and pulled MY ds out of that school... =__=

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KMadsen
by New Member on Mar. 18, 2012 at 9:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Aw :( Poor guy.

One thing that bugs me about this though (besides the obvious of nobody paying him attention) is that he said cops are bad. Cops are supposed to help you, especially if something like this were to happen. I hope his parent's aren't teaching him that they're bad people :/

MommeeTo4
by Smart Mouth McGee on Mar. 18, 2012 at 9:52 PM
I have no idea, I hope not. I told him that cops are good, and his friend.

Some parents unfortunately bad mouth police and thier kids pick up on it.

I hope he learns cops are there to help.

Quoting KMadsen:

Aw :( Poor guy.

One thing that bugs me about this though (besides the obvious of nobody paying him attention) is that he said cops are bad. Cops are supposed to help you, especially if something like this were to happen. I hope his parent's aren't teaching him that they're bad people :/

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LML1
by Kristy on Mar. 18, 2012 at 9:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I would have done the same thing. Good job momma!

darrensmom11
by Kristine on Mar. 18, 2012 at 10:20 PM
1 mom liked this
My Sks were taught By their BM that cops were bad. . What a shame. And luckily that the Lil boy was found By you and not sum psycho. His dad must Have been losing his mind.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kris_PBG
by Representative on Mar. 18, 2012 at 10:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Poor baby!!!!!

Thank goodness you helped him out!!!!!!!!!
EDDES
by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 10:47 PM
2 moms liked this

You have such a wonderful and beautiful heart that is why you were the one to find him and bring him to his parents. You're Great.listening to tunes80s blue

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Mar. 18, 2012 at 10:56 PM
1 mom liked this

good job.  I found a lil girl in a flea market once crying her eyes out.  she wouldn't leave the spot she was at but she did stop crying while I was with her.  I didn't leave her and we waited about 5-10 mins for her parents

Mom2Addison12
by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 11:41 PM
2 moms liked this

I would've done the same thing!!!!!!!!!

It's happened to me a few times, in a few different spots. And I fixed it right away.

I don't care what color/race that child is. I don't care if the child is a rainbow, if they are standing bawling their eyes out, I am stopping to help them.I also don't care if that child is disabled or not.

That's what momma bears do, they protect, it shouldn't matter if the child isn't yours or not.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)