Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Friends, I thought were friends

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2012 at 10:44 AM
  • 16 Replies
I just need to ask this. I just recently left my job to become a SAHM. The people I worked with said that they would stay in touch and we will still be friends. In the meantime, I have found out that they threw me under the bus. I worked with them for over 10 years. How/where do I find friends now? Thank you listening.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 19, 2012 at 10:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyVC
by on Mar. 19, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Mommy groups in your area are a great place to start! :)  Good luck.  I know it can get lonely.  My sanity comes from working from home, so at least I'm still able to talk to other people over 3 years old once in a while.  I also met a few other moms at the playground when our kids played together.

angelkat40
by Member on Mar. 20, 2012 at 7:13 PM
Thank you for your reply.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kris_PBG
by Representative on Mar. 20, 2012 at 8:53 PM
Have you started looking for playgroups, mom groups, etc..?
Thelmama
by Thelma on Mar. 21, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Find other sahms, play groups, library story time, those are all good places to meet other moms.  Try the park, especially this time of year when the weather is so nice.  

Vkent1022
by New Member on Mar. 21, 2012 at 11:28 AM
2 moms liked this

You know its so hard to find good friends, let alone GREAT ones. I have witnessed how family and friends can literally fail you time and time again and its so heart breaking. On my blog I had wrote a vent about family and friends. My husband and I are loners. We have no friends, but each other which is fine.... but sometimes it would be nice to have a GF to just have normal GIRL TALK with and do girl stuff with. For unknown reasons, the people we do know dont call to invite us to do things, blow us off and all sorts of other stuff. As an author, my next book is geared towards this topic... its so shocking. What i've learned, there are friends... but the true GEMS have to be found... they will be in your path just at the right time you need them.

angelkat40
by Member on Mar. 21, 2012 at 12:36 PM
Thank you ladies, I will start looking at play groups and other areas. I will also become more active on here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momto3isme
by Dawn on Mar. 21, 2012 at 1:09 PM
That happened when we moved. You could join a mommy group or meet other mom's when you take your kids to the park or play areas. Sorry this happened to you I know how it feels.
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Mar. 21, 2012 at 2:12 PM
I know it sucks. What the othere ladies suggest is a great start. GL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vixen42
by Member on Mar. 21, 2012 at 8:50 PM

there are all kinds of moms groups like MOPs and others,look online,gymboree,the park,there are lots of places

angelkat40
by Member on Mar. 21, 2012 at 9:17 PM
Thank you everyone. It is nice to part of this group.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN