Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Have you ever taken your kid out of school for the day...

To just go and do something fun?  I am so tempted to take my girls out of school to just go to the coast for mommy/daughter day.  Spring break just flew by and I really would love to do it.  Summer isn't until June. My one daughter is in middle school... younger in Elementary.

by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 10:27 AM
Replies (41-48):
Samjoel
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 11:44 AM

I think it's totally okay as long as you do it only once or twice a year. You can have a lovely bounding day and I don't think it will hurt anything. When my kid is in school and I want to have a day with him I will do it.

shayshay90
by Member on Apr. 10, 2012 at 11:50 AM

never have because my child is not old enough to go to school but i think it wouldnt hurt do it go take your girls out for a day n have a blast

liquidvelvet
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 11:58 AM

No, my daughter doesn't miss school unless she is sick.

hk2kids
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 9:20 PM

We took a Disney trip during school this year but only because my hubby had a conference to attend.

I took my girls out of school early to see one of the Disney "Earth" movies on Earth Day.  All they did was moan and complain.  I won't be doing that again soon.

pv42
by New Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 4:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Well I have done that and on valentines day no less. But it was when there was severe bullying from kids towards my daughter in school, I felt that why should they bother one day a year when they don't even like her and the kids are almost "forced" to make it "special" but the day before and the day after don't matterr! Valentines is my pet peeve! It is Arizona's birthdya and THAT is what should be celebrated for our youngsters! I had even told her teacher that day that she wouldn't be attending their little "fake party" that they have so I took her out to a park and we played and horsed around with the wild ducks! And I taught her about Arizona becoming the 48th state on February 12th! 1912! So, anyway, yes you can but it should be done on maybe one of their early release days and that way they're not missing a full day! Just a suggestion!

tiff36
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 8:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I would absolutely say yes! I have done that with ALL my kids. Just to do something special with mom. I always make sure that they are all caught up with school work and not much is going on that day. There is nothing wrong with it and I think its great that you thought of it. I have some people look at me sideways over it, but you know, to each their own! It has been great for my kids and I.

Chelsey191
by Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 8:57 PM

Depends on the circumstances.

ilovemykids732
by Member on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:04 PM

I do with DS a few times a year actually... IF he doesn't stay home much through out the year... this year I will not do it... he has stayed home to many days... he is 8 and has super bad anxiety when he has issues in school... He gets scared and gets diarrhea and vomits... He has to stay home sometimes... :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)