Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Sorry Kids, Sometimes You Just Don't Come First! Mom Needs Her Sanity, Too!

Posted by   + Show Post

It's a truth few moms want to admit: We take shortcuts. Sometimes, we just don't care! It's all about survival.

Do you do any of the things these "Survivor Moms" do to get through the day with your sanity intact? Or do you have any tricks of your own to share, whether they're time-savers or mantras for dealing with any lingering mommy guilt after you've used the TV as a babysitter or fed the kids PB&J for lunch the fourth day in a row?

If you liked this video, subscribe to CafeMom Studios for more...
Powered by CafeMom Studios

by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 11:42 AM
Replies (41-50):
sstripedmonkey
by Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 2:17 PM

I've given into the ramen phase, thank god its just lunch lol, at least shes eating, and i do make it differently and mix it with veggies and what not so it makes me feel better about her eating it. DS has a pink blanket as his new thing, i cant bear to take it away because he loves it so much lol.

2SweetMayGirls
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 2:18 PM

Quoting AshleyMarie88:

Alexis wakes up at 6am EVERY MORNING!!!! I get up, feed her, change her diaper, turn on Yo Gabba Gabba and go back to bed. The Gerber stage 2 foods are awesome because all I have to do is set them on her tray and she can feed herself. She has her sippy cup and she is good to go. Put a few toys on the floor in front of the tv and I can get what I need to done before nap time.

Are you saying that after you turn on yo gabba gabba that you go back to bed? How old is Alexis?

Melanie420
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 2:21 PM

when my son is older though I have help from my husband if im sick, I can tough it out through the day and make sure hes not going to catch anything from me and then when my husband gets home he can help me out

XOXOnBubbles
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 2:24 PM

In the winter I will often go a couple of days between baths, otherwise it dries out my kids skin really bad.  In the summer bathing every night is a must though.  They play outside a LOT and get super dirty!

My kids are in bed by 7:30pm every night.  They get to listen to a book on CD.  They do not have to go to sleep right away, but must stay in bed and be quiet.  Mommy needs some down time too! This is great esp. when my hubby is out of town for work and isn't home to help. 

My kids love breakfast for dinner.  We don't do it all the time though... maybe a couple times a month. 

We eat either some kind of sandwich (pb&j, lunch-meat w/ cheese & veggies, tuna, grilled cheese, egg salad etc.) most days.  Other favorite lunches are home made lunchables (crackers, meat & cheese) hot dogs, mac n' cheese, and leftovers from dinner the night before. 

When mommy is sick the kids get all the cartoons they want! 

Proud wife, and mama of 2 boys and 1 little princess.

in love  kitetoddler boybaby girl

1st_time_mom789
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 2:51 PM

I wish DF would help me out when I feel like utter crap like I do now. This mama has no sanity left today and about to bug out on someone. I've already had to put DD in her room so I could have a half hour to regain some of my sanity but we are going to my in laws today so I can't promise that I will keep it.

EmmaGlenn20
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 2:52 PM

My parents made breakfast for dinner one night a week and I loved it! They had a very loose parenting style although my mom always had to have the house spotless and a healthy meal on the table.

hippiemama28
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 3:37 PM

Boy, my DD would've known that long before moving out for college.....In the past, I'd tried to tell her that my financial needs are more important, let long my mental and emotional health. 

Sincerely, Toni

at the beachfloating in poolon vacationmargarita time

jbbrown80
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Well, my girl wouldn't probably eat pb and j that long, but if she would, I would probably do that. I do used Nick Jr. as a babysitter so I can do my hair and makeup bc I refuse to give in sweats and a ponytail-and I do take advantage of my in-laws many offers to babysit so I can get a break and go shopping or out with my husband. I don't know if I should feel guilty or not!

Thelmama
by Thelma on Apr. 17, 2012 at 4:20 PM
1 mom liked this

We are having breakfast for supper tonight. Blueberry pancakes...oh yeah.

My tip: My brain is too fried right now to think of one, and I am okay with that. LOL LOL LOL

sashes
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 4:30 PM
I'm guilty of making my children pb&js for dinner when I'm not feeling up to speed. I have four children and one on the way. Three of my children are older 12, 11, 10 and they pretty shower them selves and dress them selves does get a bit easier.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)