Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Sorry Kids, Sometimes You Just Don't Come First! Mom Needs Her Sanity, Too!

Posted by   + Show Post

It's a truth few moms want to admit: We take shortcuts. Sometimes, we just don't care! It's all about survival.

Do you do any of the things these "Survivor Moms" do to get through the day with your sanity intact? Or do you have any tricks of your own to share, whether they're time-savers or mantras for dealing with any lingering mommy guilt after you've used the TV as a babysitter or fed the kids PB&J for lunch the fourth day in a row?

If you liked this video, subscribe to CafeMom Studios for more...
Powered by CafeMom Studios

by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 11:42 AM
Replies (51-60):
MamaStuart
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 4:36 PM
1 mom liked this

The only one that isn't me is not having a bath every night. That's my break time! Baby brother takes a nap and big brother splashes around for a bit while I sit beside the tub and read the most recent book that's pulled me in.

aka_speezolove
by New Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 4:46 PM
3 moms liked this

I have never met a single parent that does nothing but complain about thier children. And just because children are a blessing does not mean there are not moments of frustration or feeling overwhelmed.

You have never ever complained, grumbled, groaned, sighed or been overwhelmed with your child and then vented to someone about it? If you have, you are just like the rest of us. If not, I don't believe you :)

Quoting siggie-sweete:

I'm not picking on anyone but I find it terribly ridiculous how many people have children and then spend 30 years complaining about them.

Children are a blessing and we should appreciate them...NOT complain about them!

But if you don't want to "deal" with them, there is a very simple solution, DON'T HAVE THEM.

BeachMommy07
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 4:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I've never used TV as a babysitter..but I get the article.

BeachMommy07
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 4:53 PM

I think she is just tired of people complaining about their children that's all. children ARE a blessing.

Quoting aka_speezolove:

I have never met a single parent that does nothing but complain about thier children. And just because children are a blessing does not mean there are not moments of frustration or feeling overwhelmed.

You have never ever complained, grumbled, groaned, sighed or been overwhelmed with your child and then vented to someone about it? If you have, you are just like the rest of us. If not, I don't believe you :)

Quoting siggie-sweete:

I'm not picking on anyone but I find it terribly ridiculous how many people have children and then spend 30 years complaining about them.

Children are a blessing and we should appreciate them...NOT complain about them!

But if you don't want to "deal" with them, there is a very simple solution, DON'T HAVE THEM.

aka_speezolove
by New Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 5:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I complain about my husband, but it doesn't mean he is not a blessing in my life and I am not lucky to have him. Does that mean I should have never gotten married?

I just think its ridiculous to say people shouldn't ever complain about their kids and if they are going to, they should have never had them. My daughter is a blessing and I love her, but she does  do things that irritate me. I m only human.

Quoting BeachMommy07:

I think she is just tired of people complaining about their children that's all. children ARE a blessing.

Quoting aka_speezolove:

Quoting siggie-sweete:

RoseDaughter
by New Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 5:04 PM

Chicken nuggetts, PB & J, mac n cheese, and fish sticks.  My husband works second shift so it's just me and the kids for dinner.  I've taken to making myself something a bit healther and try to give them some fruit options I know they will eat.  I'm tired of hearing, 'What is that you're making?"

abbymommy915
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 5:10 PM
Dry cereal everyday for breakfast because I am NOT a morning person
conweis
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Boiled eggs. Poach some eggs fro breakfast while boiling the others and boil a lot of eggs. Devil eggs for lunch and boiled eggs chopped up in a salad for dinner.
Netflix and minecraft from youtube makes life easier. 

sugarsmom2
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 6:18 PM

not really we are just a bunch of nuts . so i have a family of mixed nuts . we all love one another . I know i am weird but its been to long since we have been normal .

zeesmuse
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 6:20 PM

At least twice... usually three times a month, we have breakfast for dinner. There are some weekends we live on cereal and milk.

Quoting Reina13:

Breakfast for dinner happens quite often in my home.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)