Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Fifty Shades of Grey Book Trilogy

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:39 PM
  • 10 Replies

When literature student Anastasia Steele goes to interview young entrepreneur Christian Grey, she encounters a man who is beautiful, brilliant, and intimidating. The unworldly, innocent Ana is startled to realize she wants this man and, despite his enigmatic reserve, finds she is desperate to get close to him. Unable to resist Ana’s quiet beauty, wit, and independent spirit, Grey admits he wants her, too—but on his own terms.

Shocked yet thrilled by Grey’s singular erotic tastes, Ana hesitates. For all the trappings of success—his multinational businesses, his vast wealth, his loving family—Grey is a man tormented by demons and consumed by the need to control. When the couple embarks on a daring, passionately physical affair, Ana discovers Christian Grey’s secrets and explores her own dark desires.

Erotic, amusing, and deeply moving, the Fifty Shades Trilogy is a tale that will obsess you, possess you, and stay with you forever.

I've read book 1, 2 and starting 3. I found myself skipping the sex parts. I'm more interested in their relationship not the sex. Has anyone read these books? Any thoughts?

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amonkeymom
by Amy on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:13 PM

I haven't read them.

IWannaLoveAgain
by Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:15 PM

I bought this book yesterday. My hair dresser told me about it, and I went straight to book-a-million and bought it. i read the first page of chapter 14, randomly, and had to read it to SO.. he's like "wow!" LOL!!

skeptikitten
by New Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 5:46 PM

I started the first but couldn't finish.  I thought it was dreadful- though considering this story started out life as a Twilight fanfiction, I'm not particularly surprised.

LANIE2002
by Kiyana on Apr. 28, 2012 at 1:21 PM
I've been hearing a lot about these books and it seems to be very good. There is even talks of a movie deal. I want to try and read it cause if it ever comes to theaters it will ptobably be water down to pg13.
Happy_Mcboobs
by on May. 1, 2012 at 5:31 PM

I made a post about this a while ago but got little interest. I kind of wondered why because it is supposed to be so popular! I bought all three books on the IPAD when I saw it on the Today Show weeks ago. I have only read book 1 (not yet finished), I only read a bit at a time when waiting in carline for my kids. I don't want to read the sex parts around my kids! And I don't read before bed! 

i can't put it down though. Reading on the IPAD annoys me though and I want to go buy the actual books instead. I like the sex parts. Makes me fantasize about myself being in that senario. 

I can't fathom them actually making a movie out of it. It seems to risque for film. And I can't fathom that it started out as Twilight fan fiction because Twilight was actually for teens in high school and that freakin scares me to think about that age reading BDSM sexual escapades! (the mother in me!)

The sexual diva in me loves it though! :) 

sacmom3000
by on May. 1, 2012 at 5:43 PM
Hello
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zeesmuse
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Just the fact it started out as a Twilight fanfic is enough to make me stay away.

MommyOK
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 3:56 PM

I just recently finished the third one. I personally thought the first one was the best. ...I have to agree with the "too much sex" part. I was skipping some too....

CassE168
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 5:30 PM

i think some people don't want to say they've read it maybe, lol. i'm on the last book & the sex descriptions die down the further you read. there is an awful lot in the first book though. i mostly started reading it to get some creativity back, so it's interesting. i did start skipping parts though. i like some variety in reading; sometimes i like a book i don't have to think too much into...especially since i spend most of my time reading history books :)

but they're definitely not for everyone. my mom used to read the "innapropriate" vampire books, but i'd like to think it was because she'd read every other vampire book at that time (she goes through phases in interests). i read one she had a long time ago, but she said she usually skips the sex scenes...& i'd like to believe that lol

STARRYVONN
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:32 PM

No, but i heard Wendy Williams talking about this. I've been looking for some interesting reads. I think i'll have to start with theses. Thanks. It sounds goood!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN