Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

I am a wanted woman! ***** UPDATE*****(in blue)

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:46 PM
  • 10 Replies

And not in the good way, either.  Last Monday I needed to get a prescription refilled at of all places, my local Veteran's Hospital.  I had spent Friday night, all day Saturday and part of Sunday, stuck in the Emergency Room because I was out of a critical medication I need to stay alive.  The ER does not stock it so I had to wait around for the danger to pass.  Monday I was to report to my doctor's office and get the Rx refilled and picked up.  I got to the doctor's office, no secretary on duty, no nurse on duty and the doctor did not answer when I knocked on the door.  I was told she had a patient and could I wait.  Sure, I have only been hanging around like a bat all weekend.  I made the horror of all mistakes, I copied the doctor's phone extension from the empty secretaries desk and called from my cell phone to leave a message.  The doctor reported to the hospital police that I stole private government property, her phone number, and left a message, not.  I hung up after I got voice mail.  I am now wanted, if I set foot on VA property, I will be arrested and I will lose all of my hard earned benefits.  Hows them apples?  I can see why people do not join the armed forces these days.  If i had known now what I did not know back in the day, I would never have risked my life for anyone or anything.

Am I just nuts or is the VA correct and wanting me arrested for stealing information?  It was on a piece of letterhead stuck on the back of the secretaries chair which is in an open hallway?  Anyone could have taken the information.  Anyone.

I just got off the phone with the Chief of Staff of the local VA hospital regarding the past incidence's of bad behavior and threats of Felony charges.  Also, why the HELL was the FBI called in, and why did the FBI interrupt a dental appointment, in the middle of a root canal?  It turns out there are NO CHARGES pending or planned against me.  The dip wad of a secretary who posted 'private' phone numbers in a very public place has been fired.  The FBI agent who interrupted the dentist was only on the job for two weeks, and did not understand 'protocol'.  She also has been 'reassinged' and the doctor has been updated that I am a normal and safe person to have in his clinic.  It was my dentist whom I have known for many years and he was embarrassed for me and about me.  The COS has explained there is nothing he needs to fear from me.  I have received a written apology regarding the use of my service dog from the head of the VA police office.  Any dog, service or otherwise, will not be asked to leave unless the animal is unsafe.  My files reflect I have a service dog, and I will never be questioned again when I bring him with me, for any type of appointment, emergency or not.

I also got a letter of apology from my Congressman, who I called to complain to as well as the Atlanta VA Office which is over the entire Southeastern US.  They are more upset than I ever was. 

I have a new doctor at the VA, I will no longer see the doctor who flagged my files, cancelled my medications, etc.  All of my medications will be available to pick up tomorrow morning.  No questions asked.  They have been reinstated and all refills are back as they were.

Thank you all for your kind words and prayers.  I feel less a loon than I did just yesterday.  I am still picking up pieces of my life that got shattered in one weekend, shattered and my progress and treatments for all of my conditions have been set back and I will have to relearn quite a few things.  Simple things that most people take for granted, walking, bathing, eating, driving, shopping.  Normal everyday activities that my phobias, PTSD, MST and other physical ailments, head trauma, Parkinson's Disease and the worst offender, diabetes.  My fear of leaving my home has started back again and I feel as fragile as a thin piece of glass.  The least loud noise, doorbell, phone, etc, sets me off into tears and panic.

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
offrdngal
by Terri on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this

That seems a bit extreme.  How is a phone number and extension "government information".  Ok..I get that the VA is a government hospital, but come on.  You didn't steal Obama's number.  I can understand the doctor being upset, but I think they took it a little far.  Maybe next time, if it's such "classified" info, they will have it under lock and key instead in public view.

mamasheart2012
by Donna on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:04 PM
God that is stupid. Classified information my ass. What is the govermen coming to these days?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sjump25
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Seems pretty extreme to me.  I mean if it was that confidential it shouldn't have been sitting out in the open.

Hopeful28
by New Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:15 PM
They are the ones that are nuts not you. The whole thing is outrageous and scary of what our government is capable of. Best of luck to you with this insanity. I'm so sorry to hear it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MsBlueBelle
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:35 PM

I also made the major mistake of showing up Friday night with my service dog, who was on full alert and would not leave my side.  I was so sick I could not manage to put his service collar on and he just had a normal collar and lead on.  The police asked me to take the dog outside because I forgot that little piece of paper that says I was authorized to have a service dog.  The doctor that recommended that I have the service dog, which I had to buy myself, the VA was under funded and could not swing the six grand that my dog cost, that doctor retired last week!   but I stuck my ground because my dog would not stop alerting even though I gave him the command to stand down.  My dog knows when I am sick and I need help.  I finally called my son who came to the VA and took my dog home while I sat in a chair until Sunday. I am home and the dog has not stopped alerting because of my 'theft' issues, the doctor cancelled all of my Rx's from the VA.  I have to buy them myself and at $90 per day, I better get used to eating Alpo. I hope I can get his mess cleared up, I have a crown that fell off and I am sticking it back on with toothpaste. Ouch.  Raw nerve exposed. 

I still do not have my medication, I don't get paid until the first of the month and I am hoping that my organs do not shut down from lack of medication.  I am so blessed.

I am supposed to call the Veterans Service Officer in my city to see if he can fix this mess.  No meds, pain, a dog that is alerting and up my fanny 24/7 and I stand a very good chance that I will not be paid on the first.  Gee it is great to be me. I should have taken a dirt nap a long time ago.

The kicker to the dog issue is I was sitting under a HUGE SIGN that said the "VA was now FAMILY FRIENDLY"  because they installed baby changing tables in the men's room.  ?????

mom4fun695
by Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:03 AM

I'm soo sorry you're going thru all of that :(  I hope you can get your meds situation straitened out...

The VA is pretty extreme and it sounds like all their fault.

(HUGS)

Kris_PBG
by Representative on Apr. 26, 2012 at 6:18 AM
Wow- that is all insane!!! I hope you can get it cleared up and quickly. They sound like they are completely over the top!!!
LML1
by Kristy on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:00 AM

Wow that's crazy. I'm sorry that you had to go though that. Maybe you should look into getting a lawyer. I have a feeling that the VA will do anything to try to prove their point. Even though it's wrong.

Thelmama
by Thelma on Apr. 26, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Seems extreme, I thought most drs wanted to be called for appointments, consults etc.  Hope it gets worked out.

MsBlueBelle
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:44 AM

I went to my dentist appointment with the assurances of both the customer service officer and the regional veterans help line officer, that I would not be arrested.  I am half way through a root canal and without notice, four armed, undercover agents dressed in black suits with shiny gold badges, yeah real secrets guys, two male and two female, asked the dentist and dental tech to leave the room.  I was told what I was being watched for and could I explain why I stole government property by reading a phone number stuck on the back of the secretaries chair which is NOT in an enclosed secure area?  How did I learn to read phone numbers that are one, tiny, two, backwards, etc.  The only dribbly answer I could give them was I was a reconnaissance troop, and I can decode, and determine what I am looking at from minute details and from a good distance with my glasses on.  In other words, my job in the Air Force as a 'spy' served me well past my sell buy date and I still can do what I was trained to do.  After a bit, the dentist came back in and demanded they leave.  They did not go very far, when I was done, they awaited me just outside the clinic.  They followed me two in front, two in back, to my car, then followed my car to the exit of the hospital complex. The speed limit is 19 mph, not easy to tell if I am exactly going 19 mph, not 20 mph or 15 mph, which most folks can see from the speedometers in most cars, so I put the car into granny low gear number two and set the cruise control for 5 mph and they followed, lights flashing, all the way around the complex, about four miles, since I turned left, not right the short way.  Piss them the hell off, and clogged up traffic for twenty plus minutes.  No, I would have moved for an ambulance, I am not that heartless of a bitch.  I will always help my fellow veterans, even if they don't know it. 

What a mess.  Because of the people in black, the dentist could not finish what he started, so I have to repeat this much fun a few more times.  I cannot wait until the 24th of May when I see the doctor I called. How many people in black are they going to send then?  Should I bring my attorney along for the visit?  Either that or my ds, who is an MD?  My ds will get up the nose of that doc if she tries anything.  He maybe young, he may only weigh 100 pounds soaking wet, but he is a mommas boy, and he knows I am the one who paid for that education.

Help!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN