Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

I really need help!!!

Posted by   + Show Post
I have a 3 year old. And a 5 mo old. Well. The older one is STILL NOT POTTY TRAINED!!!! I have tried everything I can think of to get her to STOP GOING IN DIAPERS!! It's driving me crazy!!! I think it has something to do with out new addition. She was doing really well and I thought she was completely potty trained. But after her sister arrived. She has gone completely backwards!! I don't know what to do! I'm just so mad. She is so smart. I know that she knows. She will argue with me now when she's poopy. It's disgusting. I really need some advise with this. In going to lose my mind.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:08 AM
Replies (11-20):
Bozo75
by New Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this
You're very welcome and I hope you find something that works for you! And btw, don't worry about what your mom says, we ALL think we have all the answers. I'm 37, oldest children are 17, and my mom still does it to me!

Quoting Mehganh:

Thanks. I'll try an google it and see what could help. So far nothing has worked. :(

Quoting Bozo75:

I think it is bc of the new addition. When my great-neice was born, my great-nephew was 3. He is almost 5 now. When she was born, he wanted to go back on a bottle and his Mom DID IT, smh! Now she is having hell to get him back off of it. See your dd is just reverting back to being babied again, just like your new baby. Just don't make a big fuss about it, don't punish her or take things away. It's strictly a reward system. You can bribe her too. "If you potty on the toilet like mommy, a big girl, you can do this." Buy her a cheap crown and costume and tell her everytime she goes on the toilet, she can be princess for the day, but I'm sure you've probably tried it all, as you said. Anytime I need tips for something, I google it lol! Good luck mama!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mehganh
by Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 4:30 PM
It does get annoying. Doesnt it. Lol.

Quoting Bozo75:

You're very welcome and I hope you find something that works for you! And btw, don't worry about what your mom says, we ALL think we have all the answers. I'm 37, oldest children are 17, and my mom still does it to me!

Quoting Mehganh:

Thanks. I'll try an google it and see what could help. So far nothing has worked. :(

Quoting Bozo75:

I think it is bc of the new addition. When my great-neice was born, my great-nephew was 3. He is almost 5 now. When she was born, he wanted to go back on a bottle and his Mom DID IT, smh! Now she is having hell to get him back off of it. See your dd is just reverting back to being babied again, just like your new baby. Just don't make a big fuss about it, don't punish her or take things away. It's strictly a reward system. You can bribe her too. "If you potty on the toilet like mommy, a big girl, you can do this." Buy her a cheap crown and costume and tell her everytime she goes on the toilet, she can be princess for the day, but I'm sure you've probably tried it all, as you said. Anytime I need tips for something, I google it lol! Good luck mama!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bozo75
by New Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 5:00 PM
Lol, oh yes! My mom is living with my family and I right now, so it's almost like I'm a new mom again with all the "if I were you, I wouldn't do that" and " I would have done it this way", etc...never ends. But, neither does the love ;)

Quoting Mehganh:

It does get annoying. Doesnt it. Lol.

Quoting Bozo75:

Quoting Mehganh:

Quoting Bozo75:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momforhealth
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 5:05 PM
Normal. Dont stop going every two hours and giving her her special mommy time. Thats just the way its going to be for your family.its tough but dont give up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lisatheogre
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 6:29 PM

Some kids just have a lot of stress about this and with a new baby....it might be better to not add to her stress level by getting angry, then it becomes a contest and she is in control....my daughter responded to stickers..."poo poo stickers" which she received when she went to the toilet for the dirty business....after she got the idea that she could get a lot of stickers that way...a few times...she started to seek them. No arguing. I just had to suck it up if she messed and ignore that she did a messy and move on to next time....good luck

luvsherboyz
by New Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:00 PM

My grandson is finally potty trained (except at night he wears a pull up) he will be 4 at the end of May. I was surprised at how long it took him. I had a niece who wasn't trained until like 5 yo. I told my sis that she better get trained before kindergarten. She had issues with constipation and had to be put on a stool softener and some kind of supplement. Gads! It was very frustrating for everyone involved.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. That is one of the things she can control and hold over you. I think I would just ignor it for now. She's getting lots of attention from you regarding her choice NOT to cooperate. But you can remind her from time to time, if she wants to do something...  "oh I'm sorry sweetie, we won't be able to __________ (fill in the blank, swim or whatever) until you are a big girl". That's all. Nothing further to say. When she's ready to be a big girl... she will choose it. Yes, I agree she has reverted due to the new baby. No biggie. Carry on. No worries! She'll get it.

Mehganh
by Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:38 PM
Thank you. I'll try that. :)

Quoting luvsherboyz:

My grandson is finally potty trained (except at night he wears a pull up) he will be 4 at the end of May. I was surprised at how long it took him. I had a niece who wasn't trained until like 5 yo. I told my sis that she better get trained before kindergarten. She had issues with constipation and had to be put on a stool softener and some kind of supplement. Gads! It was very frustrating for everyone involved.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. That is one of the things she can control and hold over you. I think I would just ignor it for now. She's getting lots of attention from you regarding her choice NOT to cooperate. But you can remind her from time to time, if she wants to do something...  "oh I'm sorry sweetie, we won't be able to __________ (fill in the blank, swim or whatever) until you are a big girl". That's all. Nothing further to say. When she's ready to be a big girl... she will choose it. Yes, I agree she has reverted due to the new baby. No biggie. Carry on. No worries! She'll get it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
salthe3
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 7:37 AM

I know what you are going thru. My son who is 3 does not want to go in the potty he will bluntly say NO, and run and hide in his room. I  believe it is the addition since i to have a almost 5 month old.. I have done treat rewards (edible and non),  sitting him when he eats or drinks, all nude till he goes, having his favorite character lightening McQueen call an tell him to go. But nothing feels like an unless cycle, he knows what it is he gone before. what i have found that helping right now is when his baby sister is naping we do things together to give him the attention so he doesn't feel like we're avoiding him eventhough that is not he case.. Try that i know its hard but as for right now that is whats working for me

rebeccaninamom
by Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 3:28 PM
Well I know one way make it fun by putting eno or something that sizzles when she makes a wee its very entertaining lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
firespurity
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 4:17 PM

You may have already tried this, but I'll suggest it anyways.

Get the pull up that have the cooling sensation. My daughter hated the feeling and learned quickly how to avoid it. I'd switch back to regular pull ups when she seemed to get it, but she always noticed and would start using them again. She was potty trained fully by 3.5. Same thing with my niece, I convinced them to try the same thing when she turned 2 and she was potty trained by 2.5. 

Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN