Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

home sick, depressed, or what?

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:23 PM
  • 12 Replies

Ok so my family and I have been away from our big family for awhile now it will be a year in mid-july anyway I've noticed that after we moved here I cried alot over little things just missing our families back home but tried to stay strong for my husband and kids- be the glue ya know.  Anyway we went home*missouri* for Christmas and it was like we couldnt get there fast enough it was a 16 hour drive. mid week of the time there I cried because I didnt want to come back to our new home*texas* I guess because I missed our family so much anyway.... then after we lefted and came back to our house* in texas*  my husband was upset he felt like he was punushing us so the wife I am told him we didnt have to move here we decided to because we loved him more than anything and wanted our family together.

We aregoing back home*missouri* for another week in july the week of the 4th and I've already started thinking about it because I'm ready to see everyone from family to friends to the places lol even started asking when we come home can you make us this  and our families are like sure lol

Does everyone do this stuff when away from family, is it because I'm not use to this or awhat?

by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
opinionatedmom
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:26 PM

no its not you texas sucks. :) I moved to texas and am moving back to oklahoma cause I hate texas :) sorry texas moms.

Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Apr. 29, 2012 at 5:51 AM

I do it!  We go back home to Cincinnati once a year and it kills me to leave.  I have been in Florida for 8 years now and it hasn't gotten even a little easier.

katelyn_marie88
by Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:04 AM

idk and I now right now it feelsl ike its even harder because like my older brother going thur a divorce so of course I feel like I need to be there for not only him but my 2 nieces to, my husbands little sister and I are very close shes 13 and well we talk about almost everything shes been dating the same guy for 10 months now and I'm the one who she talks to about things that she cant talk to her mom or whatever and most of all I hte to be away from our familie all together because it worries me that we dont have the family around us but on the upper hand husband and i are closer and better about things than before.

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:01 PM

It's normal to miss your family when you move away.  You'll get used to your new home as you make more friends, do things in the community, etc.  But, it's always nice to visit your loved ones again.  :)

katelyn_marie88
by Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:24 AM

I can honestly say you'd think you'd be ready to come back after a week but nope lol theres to much there. I think it will get better when my olddest starts school.

MommyOK
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:44 AM

You have to do what makes it work and what is best for you. Sometimes it takes time to get adjusted. good luck! It's OK to miss your family and friends

Thelmama
by Thelma on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Our closest family is 2 hours away. But there was a time we lived several states away from family. It was hard. Hugs.

LML1
by Kristy on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:37 PM

Yeah, I understand. When I first got married and moved away I felt like that. There are still times I feel like that. But when I spend a week with my family, I'm ready to come home : )

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on May. 5, 2012 at 1:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Nope I don't do that anymore.  Every so often I will call my mom and ask her if she would send me something from home.  But I've been 3,000 miles away from my home since 2002.  My mom has been here visiting me since April 21st and she will be leaving this coming Tuesday.  Let's just say...I am ready for her to leave :)

Kris_PBG
by Representative on May. 6, 2012 at 9:24 AM
Well said!

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

It's normal to miss your family when you move away.  You'll get used to your new home as you make more friends, do things in the community, etc.  But, it's always nice to visit your loved ones again.  :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN