Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

what would you do if your mother was losing her home??

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:31 PM
  • 7 Replies

I have a situation that i really don't know what to do about.  I live about an hour and a half from my mother, my father died in June 2011 from lung cancer, we found out about the cancer and he died about 3 weeks later, he was very sick for about the last 10 years with bone cancer,So to get to the point-- My mother will lose her home by June 8,2012 if she does not come up with about a thousand $ , I know to a lot of people this doesnt sound like a lot but my mother works her but off every day at her job and she still has dad's hospital bills, when my father died she lost his income and now on top of that she has to pay for her own health insurance now, she is just living day to day and is also raising one of her grandchildren, Well my ? is would it be wrong of me to ask her 16 brothers and sisters to donate just a little bit of & so she could stay in her home, I help her all the time by sending her & for food or whatnot, Her home is paid off she just forgot to pay the taxes and now the courts accually sold her property for the taxes but they are giving her untill June  8 to pay them back and she could keep her home, So would it be wrong and how can i go about asking them, do i have to call everyone of them personally?? We are close to only about 6 of the 16. Please help

by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
crabbyD
by Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:56 PM
1 mom liked this
How about having her apply for a small personal loan? If not having a collection for her with family is not a bad idea.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crabbyD
by Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Due to the time frame I'd call everyone personally with a dollar amount in mind.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kLynch315
by Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 2:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Id ask the family. That's what family is for right? Plus with 16 siblings, it would be fairly inexpensive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sjump25
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 3:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I would just call the siblings and let them know the situation and how much it would mean to her.  I hope they come through for her.

hayliedlr
by JoAnna on Apr. 29, 2012 at 7:36 PM
1 mom liked this

It doesn't hurt to ask them.

kissykissy3
by New Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:45 AM
1 mom liked this

def ask... if they say no you guys should do anything (sell something, small personal loan maybe someone could take out for her)  to keep the home bcuz otherwise shell need to find at lease 1000bucks anyway to move to a new place and start paying rent, deposits, ect.

offrdngal
by Terri on May. 2, 2012 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't think it would be wrong to ask them to help.  Maybe, for those that you are close to, you can have a "family meeting", to discuss this.  When setting this up, see if theycan get the others to come or even talk with them about the situation.  If not, send a nice letter to them or call them.

As for your question: "what would you do if your mother was losing her home??"

You really don't want to know what I would do!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN