Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

What kind of car do u drive and do u like it

Posted by   + Show Post
I drive a 2011 Kia Sedona minivan and I love it has room for both my kids and husband and even has room if my son has a friend over and we go some wear
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:49 PM
Replies (11-20):
seabeewifenmom
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:13 PM

I totally hear you on being cramped.  I drive a 2001 Dodge 2500 for 7 years and with the 1/2 back seat (as I call it) carseats are cramped.  I now drive a 2011 GMC Acadia and LOVE IT!  We still have the dodge since it's DH's daily driver.  I drive it once in a while when I feel like it.

Quoting PrincessZelda89:

2010 Dodge Ram 1500. It's a good truck, but not when you are driving with 2 kids in car seats. It is cramped which I feel is unsafe, so dh and I are saving up for a gmc acadia, a dodge charger, or audi a8 as a family vehicle.

PrincessZelda89
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:22 PM
Oh I hate it being cramped! How is the acadia on gas? I will be driving it everyonce in a while on the highway, and we are planning a trip to my moms for turkey day, and that's 1,900 miles away. I want something roomy, if we decide to have another baby in a few years. :)

Quoting seabeewifenmom:

I totally hear you on being cramped.  I drive a 2001 Dodge 2500 for 7 years and with the 1/2 back seat (as I call it) carseats are cramped.  I now drive a 2011 GMC Acadia and LOVE IT!  We still have the dodge since it's DH's daily driver.  I drive it once in a while when I feel like it.

Quoting PrincessZelda89:

2010 Dodge Ram 1500. It's a good truck, but not when you are driving with 2 kids in car seats. It is cramped which I feel is unsafe, so dh and I are saving up for a gmc acadia, a dodge charger, or audi a8 as a family vehicle.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomofBoys838
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:24 PM

08 Ford Taurus...love it...it has a higher body, so I feel like I can see better when I drive.  Love the back-up sensor, too!

MommeeTo4
by Smart Mouth McGee on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:24 PM
I'll never have a smaller car, until all 5 kids are grown lol

Quoting offrdngal:

I had a '97 Suburban...loved it!!  I am enjoying the little bitty car that I have now.

Quoting MommeeTo4:

A Chevy surburban
It fits 8 and I love it, I'm a little girl so I get tons of strange looks from guys when I drive the beast.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
offrdngal
by Terri on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:25 PM

I hear you!  Our boys are 14, 11 & 10, so we don't need room for carseats anymore.

Quoting MommeeTo4:

Quoting offrdngal:

I had a '97 Suburban...loved it!!  I am enjoying the little bitty car that I have now.

Quoting MommeeTo4:

A Chevy surburban
It fits 8 and I love it, I'm a little girl so I get tons of strange looks from guys when I drive the beast.

andyroosmama
by Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:28 PM

I own a ghetto broke 2003 Honda Accord EX... and love it. Its good on gas, everything works on it... it has 220k miles and still drives like new... I like that I can put 55.00 in hte tank and last me a week... although somedays I wish I still had my Civic...

ProudMommy51006
by Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:28 PM
2001 Honda accord, I like the gas mileage but it is to small
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
seabeewifenmom
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:33 PM

It actually does pretty well.  We drove from San Diego to Medford Oregon last summer and we averaged about 22 mpg on the freeway.  We have the base model but we have the 3rd row, Onstar and XM Radio.  the Onstar and XM Radio are going to be a lifesaver when we move to Virginia this summer.  We are driving the 2700 miles from here to there.

Quoting PrincessZelda89:

Oh I hate it being cramped! How is the acadia on gas? I will be driving it everyonce in a while on the highway, and we are planning a trip to my moms for turkey day, and that's 1,900 miles away. I want something roomy, if we decide to have another baby in a few years. :)

Quoting seabeewifenmom:

Quoting PrincessZelda89:

MommeeTo4
by Smart Mouth McGee on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:36 PM
Mine are 12, 10.5, 9, 6 and 15m

I have one carseat and 1 booster.

My 6 yr old hates it lol

Quoting offrdngal:

I hear you!  Our boys are 14, 11 & 10, so we don't need room for carseats anymore.

Quoting MommeeTo4:

Quoting offrdngal:

Quoting MommeeTo4:

A Chevy surburban

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kodysmommy928
by Jennifer on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:57 AM

I just sold my 2007 Beetle so presently I am carless.  I am currently driving my husband's 2011 Pilot.  We were recently considering a move to NYC and I could be without a car there, but it doesn't look like it's going to work out.  So, I am back to car shopping!  I have been looking for a cute 4 seater convertible. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN