Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

My boys....

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:50 AM
  • 4 Replies

.....they are so messy and they LOVE acting inappropriately and I sure hope that's only at home...( they think it's the funniest thing to fart and burp)...I don't know how to stop this....but it drives me insane....any suggestions?

confused

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Thelmama
by Thelma on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:53 PM

Boys, uh well, I am not sure there is a way to stop it.  They probably have burping and farting contests at school and such. (If school age).  My son is 11.5, all that stuff is hilarious to 11 year old boys.  I am teaching him proper manners and such, but  you can only control so much.  And boys liking to burp and fart and thinking it is funny is as old as time itself.  My dh doesn't help much he can burp his A,B, C's. Sigh........men and boys.  I think it is in their make up.  LOL.  

latestarter
by Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:34 PM

I agree with Thelmama...I don't think there is anything you can really do about it.  Mine are only 2 and 4 but they think it's hilarious already and their daddy encourages them.  He thinks I'm just too uptight about it...I think it's disgusting and shows you have no class...I guess it's where men and women differ.

sjump25
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:41 PM
My son gets in trouble (timeout, loses privileges, etc) for farting or belching on purpose. I don't make a big deal when it's an honest slip, but I won't stand for the belching as loud as he can or farting on people or making it a point to fart close to someone to stink them out. I think it's rude and disgusting and I will not encourage it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyOK
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:41 PM

my boys are 5 and 3.5 years old......:))) their daddy and everyone in the family is telling them that is NOT OK to do......I send them for time outs and threaten to not give them snacks or something they love.......nope.....:) don't care.....I tell them they can do it in private or in the bathroom as much as they want..... sometimes it works....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN