Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Since, Mother's day is fast approaching...

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:45 PM
  • 12 Replies
1 mom liked this

What are some of the best things you have learned from being a Mom?

If you don't have children yet, what do you anticipate most about being a Mom?

If you are the Mom of an angel, what did you learn from your beloved angel? (in case there are some who are moms, right now, of only an angel)?

I learned not to sweat the small stuff.

That stopping to watch a lady bug has great value.

That those things that seem so important sometimes are not as important as the sticky little kiss your child gives you and says "Mommy you are the beautifulest Mommy in the universe".

From my baby angels I learned that just because you don't behold a child with your eyes, does not mean you love them any less, because babies not only grow in your womb, they grow in your heart.

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mik1of3
by Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:50 PM
2 moms liked this

That sleeping with your kidlet is one of the sweetest experiences.  Nothing comes close to waking up with a little hand on your cheek, and your little one beaming at you as you open your eyes.  Nothing.

Thelmama
by Thelma on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:54 PM

I agree. The other day, my 5 year old had a bad dream so I comforted her and lay next to her for a while.  She cuddled up to me and fell back asleep. She made a noise in her sleep and I patted her back. She all hugged up to me, arms around my neck patted right back. It was so precious.

Quoting mik1of3:

That sleeping with your kidlet is one of the sweetest experiences.  Nothing comes close to waking up with a little hand on your cheek, and your little one beaming at you as you open your eyes.  Nothing.

MommyJDTJ
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:01 PM
1 mom liked this
That no matter what your little ones love you just the wag you are, you don't have to dress up for them to think you're beautiful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moniagee
by Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:05 PM
2 moms liked this
The most rewarding thing about being a mom is knowing I was a teen mom...TWICE. And I see my children excelling in everything they do and chasing their dreams. It has proven to a lot of people that age don't define a mother, but love, dedication, and faith does. And that's the most amazing feeling to see my children, especially my Aspie, beat all odds and rise above the bar. And when I ask them where they learn that from, they look at me, smile, and say I learned from you, Mom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Thelmama
by Thelma on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:07 PM

You guys, these are beautiful.  Keep them coming.

MommyOK
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Although growing up I didn't think about being a mom....I absolutely love it. It gives me purpose in life and makes me feel rich...I have 3 beautiful children and I am a SAHM and it's a lot of work...but in the end of the day it's so ALL WORTH IT....

Thelmama
by Thelma on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:47 PM

Yes it is worth it. I only thought I understood love, until I had children and my heart grew so much, I can't even explain it.

arthistmom
by Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:11 PM
1 mom liked this
My boys make me feel old--and young--at the same time. And to see the world through the eyes of a child is a gift and a blessing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Thelmama
by Thelma on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Yes, I love seeing the the world through their eyes.  That is why we have a new words since the kids were little for tucking them in, snuggling them, and hugging them and tickling them...all wrapped into one. From that and the cuteness of little kid talk came our bed time word for what we do just before they go to sleep. We call it TUCKLE...we tuckle them in bed at night.  And it will always be our word for that time of day. 

MommeeTo4
by Smart Mouth McGee on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:28 PM
That nothing smells better than a newborn, nothing feels better than a hug, babies make the best sloppy kissers, and love at first sight is true..
Don't believe me on that, just look into the eyes of your child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)