Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

What is the weirdest/most awkward conversation

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:09 PM
  • 8 Replies

you have ever had?

Mine was when I was working for Chattahoochee State hospital for the mentally insane.

That summer job was probably the most scary, the funniest, and the weirdest I have ever had. We toook patients to appointments and such from their ward.

Anyway, the day before a little old lady had chased me down the hall way .....running..seat belted to her wheel chair but carrying it on her back.  The nurse at the door let me out just in time. She chased me because she wanted to have a baby with me.  Mind you at the time I was 22 maybe 24 years old.  Anyway this other lady thought I was (okay quoting here cause this is what she called me and yes she was a black lady,  very beautiful but very mentally insane) ...she thought I was her "little white angel done come down to deliver her".

Now on the ward, was this woman that would make most football players look like toothpicks.  I was helping set out lunch trays from the closed off kitchen area on their unit. Somehow, I stil don't know how I got trapped between her and the lady that wanted to have a baby with me.  She started talking gibberish to me. I had no idea what she was saying. She was gesturing and trying to get her point across. I noddes and said yes and she just kept talking.  Suddenly she said

"A squirrel ATE my Mama, now don't you laugh".  

That being said, first of all I was scared spitless and secondly I was trapped and sometimes when you get nervous you get the giggles. So I felt the giggles coming on and I was shaking in my boots. So in order for her not to see me laugh, I turned my back to get another tray and laughed silently as tears rolled down my face.  Composed myself, gave her her tray, she sat down and I got the heck out of there.  Yes, that was the strangest conversation I have ever had.

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Thelmama
by Thelma on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:21 PM

bump

anthleesmom
by Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:09 PM
1 mom liked this

BUMP!

Thelmama
by Thelma on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:18 PM

BUMP!

MommeeTo4
by Smart Mouth McGee on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:25 PM
Lol
I will have to think back....

I once had a random old lady come up to me and rub my stomach and say,
It's a boy, your gonna have a boy

I told her, I wasn't pregnant

She said, yes you are, It's a boy

Found out a few weeks later I was in fact pregnant with my first, and I did have a boy.
0.o
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyOK
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:55 PM
1 mom liked this

can't really remember much :)) the creepy conversations I try to forget :)

Thelmama
by Thelma on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:58 PM

LOL, I hear ya.  The squirrel at my mama one though, will never leave my head. There was this one time, I went to a singles retreat with a church and this guy was a santa for hire.  He gave me his card and asked something akin to if he could come down my chimney.  Yeah, I vacated that convo quickly. LOL

Quoting MommyOK:

MommyOK
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Thelmama:

LOL, I hear ya.  The squirrel at my mama one though, will never leave my head. There was this one time, I went to a singles retreat with a church and this guy was a santa for hire.  He gave me his card and asked something akin to if he could come down my chimney.  Yeah, I vacated that convo quickly. LOL

Quoting MommyOK:

my responce would have been....LOL....I don't have a chimney ...thanks and no thanks :)

Thelmama
by Thelma on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:12 PM

I wish I'd thought of it.  LOL.  At the time I was a much less assertive woman than I am now.  I was a lot quieter and much more meek. LMBO, plus I was so shocked this dude said this at a Christian singles conference!  LOL LOL LOL. I mean a little while before we'd all been praising God and praying and such then he followed it up by asking to come down my chimney. I was floored.  LOL and naive. 

Quoting MommyOK:

Quoting Thelmama:

Quoting MommyOK:

my responce would have been....LOL....I don't have a chimney ...thanks and no thanks :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)