Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Why does everyone seem to think that late 30's and 40's is too old to have a Baby ? Just Wondering ..

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:22 PM
  • 51 Replies

What do you Think about this issue?

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Maisy08
by Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:24 PM
1 mom liked this
I had my 1st at 19 and my last at 38, I have 5 spread out and I love it.
sjump25
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't see anything wrong with it.  I think 50/60's is too old, but 30/40's is fine.

ProudMommy51006
by Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:31 PM
I think because the risk of a sick baby goes up tremendously . A child deserves a healthy and vibrant parent, as you get older your health starts to deteriorate. I think late 30's is still ok-ish, but getting into your 40's is pushing it. This is all based off my family members.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jamieharper08
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 1:23 AM
1 mom liked this

I am 30 years old, with 3 children, and feel as if I am being plucked to death by a chicken on a daily basis. Lol! I couldn't imagine what I'd feel like doing this at 40. 

jenesis915
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Quoting sjump25:

I don't see anything wrong with it.  I think 50/60's is too old, but 30/40's is fine.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on May. 1, 2012 at 2:14 AM

Yeah, pretty much this.

Quoting ProudMommy51006:

I think because the risk of a sick baby goes up tremendously . A child deserves a healthy and vibrant parent, as you get older your health starts to deteriorate. I think late 30's is still ok-ish, but getting into your 40's is pushing it. This is all based off my family members.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

paganbaby
by Chesty La Rue on May. 1, 2012 at 2:15 AM

I feel ya,lol. I'm 28 with 3 kids myself and some days...

Quoting jamieharper08:

I am 30 years old, with 3 children, and feel as if I am being plucked to death by a chicken on a daily basis. Lol! I couldn't imagine what I'd feel like doing this at 40. 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

1moretolove
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 7:25 AM
I'm 40 and trying for my last baby. I have 3 kids and yes, it feels like you're being "plucked to death" on a daily basis, but that never ends once you're a mom, no matter how old they get. Lol I feel just as good now, as I did in my 30's, just wish my ovaries would cooperate!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amandaxshawn08
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 7:29 AM
2 moms liked this
Probably because of health reasons for both mom & baby....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Miss-B
by on May. 1, 2012 at 7:31 AM

Quoting paganbaby:

Yeah, pretty much this.

Quoting ProudMommy51006:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)