Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You Just Made Another Human Being, Lady - Love That Postpartum Body!

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:04 PM
  • 165 Replies
2 moms liked this

Yeah yeah, we've heard it before: They're not stretch marks, they're a reminder of the miracle of life! Those sagging breasts are hardly a failure - they nourished multiple babies for years!

No matter how much you love your kids, the permanent changes to your body from being pregnant and giving birth can be hard to accept. But that acceptance is key, say these two moms, and they share how they came to terms with - and even learned to really love - their postpartum shape.

How do you feel about your post-baby body? Are you proud of it? Self-conscious? Indifferent?

If you liked this video, subscribe to CafeMom Studios for more...
Powered by CafeMom Studios

by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bamababe1975
by Stephanie on May. 1, 2012 at 1:32 PM
24 moms liked this

At first, I really hated my body, especially the really wide and dark stretchmarks I had, but then my husband said, "Those are your battle scars from giving me the most precious gift anyone has ever given me, my baby girl, so I think they're beautiful."

Yeah, he's a keeper. ;)

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on May. 1, 2012 at 1:32 PM
3 moms liked this

Aww, that's really sweet! :)

Quoting bamababe1975:

At first, I really hated my body, especially the really wide and dark stretchmarks I had, but then my husband said, "Those are your battle scars from giving me the most precious gift anyone has ever given me, my baby girl, so I think they're beautiful."

Yeah, he's a keeper. ;)

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on May. 1, 2012 at 1:34 PM
4 moms liked this

I had 2 c-sections and hated the "mommy flap," the flabby belly part that sort of flops over the c-section scar area, more than anything, but it hasn't gone anywhere in 11 years, so I've made peace with it now, lol.

.not.angel.
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I love it more than my pre baby body.

bbykathy
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:57 PM
5 moms liked this

To be honest I hate my post-baby body. I have terrible stretch marks and my stomach is nothing but loose skin. I am only 23 years old and it is very hard to look at myself in the mirror. It makes me cry because I can't find any clothes that hide the loose skin and I don't like going out and i like to hide in sweat shirts. Even though I am a mom I still want to be sexy. I don't even like my husband seeing me naked. I have dealt with this for going on four years and I don't think I will ever feel comfortable in my own skin :( I do have to say I am blessed with a beautiful and healthy daughter and when I look at her I don't think about myself. She is my world and my little angel.

BamaMommy2
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:57 PM

I hate it.

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on May. 1, 2012 at 1:57 PM

That's great! Why do you think that is?

Quoting .not.angel.:

paaepae
by New Member on May. 1, 2012 at 1:58 PM

I hate mine, I gained so much weight since getting pregnant with my first child. I am working to change that though. Slowly but surely the weight is coming off, and I am becoming a happier person. When I get to my goal weight I will let you know if I am content or not with my body. Only 100 more pounds to go.

.not.angel.
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Cafe Steph:

That's great! Why do you think that is?

Quoting .not.angel.:

My body is better proportioned after having 3 kids. Before kids, I was TOS. (Tatas On a Stick)

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on May. 1, 2012 at 1:59 PM
2 moms liked this

I have that same issue with my stomach, but I've been told the only real solution is plastic surgery and then even with that there's only so much they can do. Your husband, though, probably thinks you're sexier than ever, so own that body, mama - you made that beautiful baby girl for him and she was worth it! ((HUGS))

Quoting bbykathy:

To be honest I hate my post-baby body. I have terrible stretch marks and my stomach is nothing but loose skin. I am only 23 years old and it is very hard to look at myself in the mirror. It makes me try because I can't find any close that hide the loose skin and I don't like going out and i like to hide in sweat shirts. Even though I am a mom I still want to be sexy. I don't even like my husband seeing me naked. I have dealt with this for going on four years and I don't think I will ever feel comfortable in my own skin :( I do have to say I am blessed with a beautiful and healthy daughter and when I look at her I don't think about myself. She is my world and my little angel.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)