Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You Just Made Another Human Being, Lady - Love That Postpartum Body!

Posted by   + Show Post

Yeah yeah, we've heard it before: They're not stretch marks, they're a reminder of the miracle of life! Those sagging breasts are hardly a failure - they nourished multiple babies for years!

No matter how much you love your kids, the permanent changes to your body from being pregnant and giving birth can be hard to accept. But that acceptance is key, say these two moms, and they share how they came to terms with - and even learned to really love - their postpartum shape.

How do you feel about your post-baby body? Are you proud of it? Self-conscious? Indifferent?

If you liked this video, subscribe to CafeMom Studios for more...
Powered by CafeMom Studios

by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:04 PM
Replies (161-165):
chevsmom
by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:20 PM

i had an awesome body after i had my daughter because of breastfeeding and honestly after i stopped breastfeeding i dont like my body so much. it might be the fact that i actually has boobs and now i dont haha

JTriches
by Member on May. 3, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Proud of it!!!!

supermom2xlb
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:00 PM

:)

toomanygone1130
by on May. 4, 2012 at 1:04 AM

The stretch marks, I can deal with, no problem. Those I do embrace. I'm even okay with my big postpartum J-Lo butt. I have even come to like my new boobs, I was a 34C before baby ... now I'm a 42DD. They are only that big because I gained so much weight after I gave birth. It all snuck up on me! I did really good during my pregnancy, I only gained 14 Lbs. But after, I gained like 65 pounds. And my flabby baby belly and flabby arms, I just cannot embrace.

navymommy
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting bbykathy:

There are a lot of plastic surgeons that work with banks to provide loans for plastic surgery. Its pretty common. They either have their office women submit all the paperwork and work with the bank for you, or they have a list of banks that they recommend.
Again, a lot like buying a car. Even though the dealership is not a bank, you can get a loan "through them". Basically the same idea. The car dealership has affiliations with certain banks and they have employees that submit all your info and paperwork directly to a "loan officer" at a bank (usually via fax) and then you can be approved relatively quickly.
Anyway, same deal. Call a few different plastic surgeon's offices and ask if they offer financing. And, of course, researching the right surgoen takes some time too, so there is nothing wrong with finding one you love and trust now. Most consultations are free, so you can consult with a few and ALWAYS talk to references, women that have been there, done that with that surgeon, and when you feel comfortable and you get quotes, and you basically have an idea of what it will all cost you, etc.
That way everything is all figured out, and even if it takes a few years (or a year or so) to save up what you need, get a loan, borrow money from mom, lol, whatever you can, once you know where you're going and what the cost is it can really motivate you a lot more. You'll start feeling like it can be a reality, and you'll have a goal to work towards. Then you feel less bad about how you look now because finally there is something you can do about it! It makes the wait a lot easier. Especially since you will know all the details are worked out, just waiting on the finances to sort themselves out.

Good Luck to you!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)