Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

You Just Made Another Human Being, Lady - Love That Postpartum Body!

Posted by   + Show Post

Yeah yeah, we've heard it before: They're not stretch marks, they're a reminder of the miracle of life! Those sagging breasts are hardly a failure - they nourished multiple babies for years!

No matter how much you love your kids, the permanent changes to your body from being pregnant and giving birth can be hard to accept. But that acceptance is key, say these two moms, and they share how they came to terms with - and even learned to really love - their postpartum shape.

How do you feel about your post-baby body? Are you proud of it? Self-conscious? Indifferent?

If you liked this video, subscribe to CafeMom Studios for more...
Powered by CafeMom Studios

by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:04 PM
Replies (121-130):
LovelyBugs
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 10:35 PM

if I could have a perkier butt I'd be thrilled 

camdenp10
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:40 PM

I like mine for the most part, I just am not happy with the little extra "pudge" around the middle. I am working on that tho :) My boobs don't matter, bc they were small before pregnancy, during  pregnancy, and after breastfeeding.

Magz0113
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:12 PM

I love my body after my son... this is me 7 months after I had him...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bellygirl
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 11:34 PM

I hated my postpartum body.  After three births, including 1 set of twins.  I gained 45 lbs with the first, 20 lbs, with the second and 35 lbs with my twins.  I worked very hard after each birth to get back in shape.  I am a runner and I love to work out.  I hated looking at myself in the mirror.  I was extremely disappointed every time I would try on my pre-pregnanacy wardrobe.  It was difficult for me.  I nursed all of my children for over a year and the weight seemed to hang around almost the entire time.  It wasn't until I quit nursing that I began to really drop the weight.  Also, I was never comfortable with having giant, nursing boobs.  My bra size now is like an A or very small B.  However, when I was nursing, I as borrowing bras that were bigger than my head.  Now, I love my body, I actually weight less than I ever have.  I feel that I am in better shape now than I have ever been. 

NoahsMom1215
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:40 PM

I don't hate it but I definitely want to make changes. Before my ds, I didn't gain weight in my mid-section but now I have a lot to work on in that area.

ashmac03
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:59 PM

I don't love my post baby body but I deal with it.  I know I am healthy and do everything right but it doesn't get rid of the stretch marks and loose skin.  But I have come to accept it.  

aleta713
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:01 AM

I was able to get through my 2 pregnancies without any stretch marks, but its like my body has taken on a shape of its own. Im back to my pre-prego weight, but everythings so loose and my boobs shrunk after breastfeeding and ugh I cant stand it

chckybabi2
by New Member on May. 2, 2012 at 12:06 AM
I am having a hard time accepting it well no I accepted it but I'm having a hard time with finding clothes that fit and make me feel good I'm not fat I weigh 2 pounds lighter than my heaviest weight but I can't fit in those clothes I used to wear while I was big I just don't get it and I have enough love marks as I like to call them I could lend some people a few haha
Rocker-Momma
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:08 AM
Ok, I read no replies first, unjust wanted to share my honest feelings.

I am usually one of the smaller women in a group of moms. I go out to a local bar with my husband and people are seriously shocked to hear that no only that I have children but that I ha one 4mo ago. My husband says I look good for just having two babies. He is just as sexual as ever. But me, what I feel about myself is not the same. I feel my tummy is bigger, just all fat and my boobs are like the same size but 'empty' like the baby literally stacked them dry. The rest of me is the same. I have tried dieting and after 11lbs I've lost it. Working out has become too difficult, I keep finding an excuse and lately it's just I'm too tired from feeding a child every 3 hours.

Most days tho I feel ok, comfortable. But I can't go clothes shopping. It makes me feel bad and I'm still holding out for my old clothes about a size or two smaller then I can fit now. If your happy with were you are good for you! I know I have other issues but today my answer is I want to look good, not look good for just having a baby.

We are finally moving out of the in-laws into our own house this month, want to start the 30daynshred and hoping that will finally help me feel acomplished. Wish me luck!!
Theaterchick
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 1:14 AM
I am self conscious about it. Its been almost 7 mths since i had my twins c section. But when i look at my little boy and little girl i know its worth the tummy full of dark stretch marks and the c section tummy. I know i will get use to it after time. Im only 21 so it sucks a little. But i miss my post babies body lmao. I do get weird looks though when people find out i had twins not even a year ago and cant tell. Which is nice. But i am like.."if u only seen under this shirt"! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN