Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You Just Made Another Human Being, Lady - Love That Postpartum Body!

Posted by   + Show Post

Yeah yeah, we've heard it before: They're not stretch marks, they're a reminder of the miracle of life! Those sagging breasts are hardly a failure - they nourished multiple babies for years!

No matter how much you love your kids, the permanent changes to your body from being pregnant and giving birth can be hard to accept. But that acceptance is key, say these two moms, and they share how they came to terms with - and even learned to really love - their postpartum shape.

How do you feel about your post-baby body? Are you proud of it? Self-conscious? Indifferent?

If you liked this video, subscribe to CafeMom Studios for more...
Powered by CafeMom Studios

by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:04 PM
Replies (151-160):
xo.MommyW.xo
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:11 PM
No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bbykathy
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:16 PM

wow you are amazing! I told my DH I plan on saving up to have one but I don't know how you go about getting a loan for that

Quoting navymommy:

Quoting bbykathy:

You can get a loan! (I need a breast lift. I'm jealous of your still perky breasts)
You can forgo a big expense like a car and get the TT. It can be done!! I've known several women to do it. The healing isn't all that bad and they just make payments on it, same as if you bought a 15-18k car. Thats not even an expensive car.
I'd take being thrilled with my body forever over a nice car that I can use for 7-10 years.... right?

I had a reduction and lift before and my breasts were AWESOME and no longer ugly and deformed (I had tubular breasts, they were hideous) and I was only 22 years old... I didn't have a super high paying job but saved up like heck (I also had 2 kids) and I got a loan and I got 'em done. I had to have an abdominal muscle reconstruction at the same time (which was painful but I paid to have my plastic surgeon there with the reconstructive surgeon so that the plastic surgeon could make my gigantic stomach scar pretty (which it is nice for a massive scar). Anyway then the plastic surgeon did my breasts. For both surgeons, the hospital, everything all out of pocket (no insurance) the entire operation cost me about 25k... but you know what?
It was SO worth it and I'd do it again in a heartbeat!
I have major back pain from a bad car accident and fixing my destroyed stomach muscles and lifting and reshaping my breasts relieved a lot of pain for me...
BUT you know I did better just from the feeling of being sexy with awesome, perky, perfect breasts!!! I felt so good about myself I lost a lot of weight (50 pounds) got in shape, strong, healthy and reduced my back problems even more!

BUT I can tell you, I am now 29 years old and I feel beautiful and have since I had this operation. I never felt beautiful in my life. Cute, I knew I was cute... but I never felt amazingly beautiful and I do now. I feel so confident and I have actually come out of my shell. I used to be painfully shy and I avoided going out. Now I have wonderful friends and a great life.

It was the best 20 grand I ever spent in my life. Its only been 7 years and its been paid off for sometime now... we had another baby so my perfect breasts are sagging a little since they lost volume (no longer breastfeeding) and I KNOW that when I'm done having babies I am having my breasts done again, and if I need to, I'll have a tummytuck too. I'd get two jobs temporarily just to cover the cost. It isn't just about vanity... and you know it too cuz you deal with it... its about how you feel. Its about not being depressed... its all about emotional health and feeling comfortable in your own skin, and also your identity as a woman and a lover and NOT just a Mommy with your Mom body and Mom jeans covering your Mom kangaroo pouch...
*sigh*
You can do it! I encourage you to put your mind to it and find a way!!

Momforhealth
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Blah!

mommajeje
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:58 AM

My post-baby body (2 kids now) is quite a bit squishier, particularly in the middle, but before I was ever pregnant I didn't have any curves.  My body is far from perfect, but I wear clothes that fit my body as it is and exude confidence.  As my husband says, nothing is sexier than being confident in the skin you're in, so yeah i'm a bit curvy now, but I'm gonna flaunt these curves like nobody's business (tastefully, ofc) =)

AnnieRe86
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:15 AM

I was only happy with my body when I was pregnant. I couldn't stand how I looked before, and I can't stand it now. Trying to lose weight though, but since I was overweight before, I have a long way to go.

LuvLili131
by New Member on May. 3, 2012 at 9:07 AM

Hate it. I use to be small and skinny before my DD. Now mind you i am only 4 months out from having a baby.I only gained about 20-30 lbs with her. Ever since i gave birth my tummy feels like it is getting flabbier! I hate it. none of my clothes fit-i never wore maternity clothes while i was prego- but now nothing fits, i have no self confidence and i feel very fat :(. I am happy my hips are a little bigger so i feel more like a women than a girl but my tummy really makes me sad and every time i get dressed i get sad :(.  I dont think that it helped when everyone arond me kept telling me "oh you will go right back to your normal size" and blah blah so i started to believe it and it did nto come true!!! My DF makes me feel better and tells me all the time how pretty i am, body and all, but i know deep down i need to lose weight.

Kris_PBG
by Representative on May. 3, 2012 at 9:23 AM
Eh - I'm more or less at peace with my body. I'd like some changes, but with adding running a year ago, I feel better....
pacoshotmomma
by New Member on May. 3, 2012 at 9:54 AM
I'm unhappy. I have stretch marks and I have fat around my stomach I seem to not be able to get rid of. I love my son but I'm 24 years old and I get mad at myself for not having the nice body. I want to be sexy for my husband. It's just so hard.
musicmom08
21 ☸ڿڰۣ——♥
Yesterday at 6:21 PM
Nicholas Gunn - A Place In My Heart

from "The Sacred Fire" album by Nicholas Gunn

by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:38 PM

Good Video

Jackiehawk
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:08 PM

I hate mine!

I have a diastasis recti (separation of the stomach muscles) from my two pregnancies and therefore need physical therapy and surgery to repair. I am back to my normal weight, it is just the muscle and skin that needs repair. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)