Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

You Just Made Another Human Being, Lady - Love That Postpartum Body!

Posted by   + Show Post

Yeah yeah, we've heard it before: They're not stretch marks, they're a reminder of the miracle of life! Those sagging breasts are hardly a failure - they nourished multiple babies for years!

No matter how much you love your kids, the permanent changes to your body from being pregnant and giving birth can be hard to accept. But that acceptance is key, say these two moms, and they share how they came to terms with - and even learned to really love - their postpartum shape.

How do you feel about your post-baby body? Are you proud of it? Self-conscious? Indifferent?

If you liked this video, subscribe to CafeMom Studios for more...
Powered by CafeMom Studios

by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:04 PM
Replies (21-30):
rebmarie90
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:13 PM

I hate my post baby body. I loved it after DS but once DD was born things changed. I have such a hard time getting rid of my belly, it maybe small but its still there are a far cry from the flat tummy I have always had without much effort. I hate my butt and thighs. My strech marks don't really bother me as they are faint and hard to see. I have scoliosis and had surgery at 14. I feel that after both my kids it is a lot easier for people to see that my sides are different and one shoulder is higher than the other. I am learning how to dress my new body, but it is hard and I miss being able to wear everything I used to be able to wear. 

bamamommy2009
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:16 PM

i hated it after each baby but after a few months when i worked at it i started to like my body again

goddess829
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:17 PM

I don't mind it.  I weigh 30 lbs less than when I had my first.

lovefromwithin
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:20 PM

I just gave birth exactly a month ago today and I will say this - I can tolerate what I have since it's the same shape as before and it's not new territory to get it back down to around what I was around right before I became pregnant. I had went from 210 to 119 before.. I'm sure I can go from 160 to 135..:) I was around 190 at the birth of my daughter so, I'm glad to have those 30 pounds already knocked off.

CafeMom Tickers
Hesmynavyman
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:25 PM

I'm not what I was in High School but being pregnant 5 times will do that! I love pregnancy and wish that I was thin back to 145-150 lbs and not 180-200 :( But I am working on it and will once my baby has been born. I'm not worried just wish I was thinner. dumbbell

Hesmynavyman
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:27 PM

I wish I didn't have ugly stretch marks. And I don't like my thighs. 

personal.legend

i'm ok with it now. all i would change is my boobs haha. they're super small but deflated and saggy. *sad face* 

since i'm done having kids i've really put a huge effort into pulling my body back together and it's definitely showed. i was a size 7 a few months ago and now i can fit into SOME size 1's. not all, but some hah. all my size 7's are too big which makes me feel awesome. my boobs can, and will, be fixed (my choice) so the stretch marks i can get over.

Hesmynavyman

I need to tighten my stomach muscles I did really well after each baby not as well with my 1st but better with my 2nd and only breastfeeding helped!

whitleypittman
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 2:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Just look at my profile pic. I'm rocking this body!

mommy2annaliese
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:47 PM

I hate it, it doesn't matter how you look at it, stretch marks are still ugly, and so is saggy fat around your tummy and saggy stretch mark pancake boobies.

I will never ever love my post partum body, ive tried everything to fix it, i am a tiny girl 4'11 95 lbs and yet i have the most disgusting saggy skin fat flap on my tummy, looks like i'm 90.

I hope to someday be able to afford to go under the knife, and thats my personal choice!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN