Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

You Just Made Another Human Being, Lady - Love That Postpartum Body!

Posted by   + Show Post

Yeah yeah, we've heard it before: They're not stretch marks, they're a reminder of the miracle of life! Those sagging breasts are hardly a failure - they nourished multiple babies for years!

No matter how much you love your kids, the permanent changes to your body from being pregnant and giving birth can be hard to accept. But that acceptance is key, say these two moms, and they share how they came to terms with - and even learned to really love - their postpartum shape.

How do you feel about your post-baby body? Are you proud of it? Self-conscious? Indifferent?

If you liked this video, subscribe to CafeMom Studios for more...
Powered by CafeMom Studios

by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:04 PM
Replies (31-40):
HaLeYsMoMmY2011
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 2:49 PM

My post baby body SUCKS! I can no longer lose weight, I have saggy skin where it never sagged before, and even as I lose the pounds, I still have inches! It really sucks!

mommy2annaliese
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:50 PM

I often think, if me and my DH ever were to divorce, i would be a lone forever, because even if a man fell deeply in love with me, once he saw me naked, it'd all be over.

I look horrible.

my dh even avoids looking at my body during doing the deed.

he tries to be nice about it, and just say "it doesnt bother me" but he can't say he likes my body, cause he knows it would be a lie.

at 21, i'm still feeling like my body is importiant.

workingmommy87
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:54 PM

I hate it. My bobs are nothing like what they used to be. I swear in another year they'll be touching me knees. I can deal with the c-section scar, even the strech marks on my stomach, but the ones on my legs, just makes me feel fat. I feel like i'll never fit my jeans again. I hate being seen naked.

BeingMom
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:56 PM

Of course thereare things I dont like about my body since having 2 kids, but I have coem to accept myself the way I am.  I maynever be ale to wear a bikini again but that doesn't matter. I have two healthy kids,anda loving husband.  He makes me feel beautiful when I forget to tell myself.  He says I get more beautiful every year.  I have become more active, and take the kids to the park all the time, we walk alot too.  I still want to lose more weight, and I know eventually I will get to where Iwant to be.

2teens2LOs
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:57 PM

made me go from girly looking to woman looking... much nicer and curvier

rebekahmuse
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:58 PM

I wish I didn't have stretch marks. I wish my skin was much tighter on my belly. And after my second baby I realized that fat will settle in different areas of your body after each baby (like my love handles!). That being said I'm losing weight and actually less than I weighed before getting pregnant with my second. I've come to terms with my body. My husband still finds me very attractive and lets me know that he does so that definitely helps. I think I have pretty high self esteem which I'm grateful for, but it's an attitude that I've always had. I know BEAUTIFUL women who think they're not and I never got it. We're all beautiful in our own way.

EcoModernMom
by on May. 1, 2012 at 3:02 PM

i HATE my muffin top, i am working hard to get rid of it but it isnt budging.  i will never like my body the way it is now and i wont be happy or accept it until that stomach is gone. stretch marks don't bother me the extra weight don't bother..just that stupid stomach. :(

ali_1107
by on May. 1, 2012 at 3:02 PM

All in all I hate my body (pre-post) it really doesn't matter. I had my first DD when I was 18. I was left with horrific stretch marks, and things just weren't the same. I finally started feeling "comfortable" in my skin when I found out I was pregnant with my 2 DD. After her I ballooned up to 180 lbs, and I was so disgusted with myself. I had no mirrors in our house (minus bathroom of course). I wouldn't allow my husband to see me naked so on and so forth. So I decided to stop feeling that way, and I am now down to 120 lbs. I know that's a HUGE accomplishment, and I should be SO happy... But my body still disgusts me. I have skin that will NEVER tighten up I have tried everything...  my stretch marks got even worse... my boobs sag in different directions... love handles are another topic in itself... I need to just learn to love myself from inside out... and everything else should fall into place!

MeTaL_MoMmA_08
by on May. 1, 2012 at 3:07 PM

I work out 5 times a week since I had DD (who's 3). I LOVE my post-baby body lol.

Punkylu78
by on May. 1, 2012 at 3:07 PM
I hate the saggie boobs, they were cute and perky before! :) and of course the tummy, I have had 4 kids and the last was twins with a c-section, but I am currently working on that and It's looking better everyday. The one thing I will say I LOVE is my butt!!! Never had one before having kids. Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN