Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

Teacher appreciation week

Posted by   + Show Post
Are you doing anything for your kids teachers?

Do your schools celebrate it in any special ways?
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:40 PM
Replies (11-19):
Kris_PBG
by Representative on May. 4, 2012 at 12:33 PM
Holy cow did I get spoiled this week by my parents and kids in my class!!!

I have to say, it is really nice to feel so appreciated - especially when it is all "the rage" these days to openly bash teachers. I am lucky to have such a great class!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on May. 10, 2012 at 1:34 AM

We cannot do anything for the girls' teachers at this point.  We are not allowed to have contact with the school or of course the kids other than our supervised visits, so...

Kris_PBG
by Representative on May. 10, 2012 at 5:09 AM
Quoting Kmakksmom:

We cannot do anything for the girls' teachers at this point.  We are not allowed to have contact with the school or of course the kids other than our supervised visits, so...

I'm so sorry you are still going through this!!! Any word on when they can come home?????
sjump25
by on May. 10, 2012 at 7:20 AM
I got my sons teacher a candle and his assistant teacher a bag of Lindhurst chocolate truffles. I was going to do something crafty but after making all the grandmas mothers day gifts I as all crafted out. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kris_PBG
by Representative on May. 10, 2012 at 6:22 PM
Quoting sjump25:

I got my sons teacher a candle and his assistant teacher a bag of Lindhurst chocolate truffles. I was going to do something crafty but after making all the grandmas mothers day gifts I as all crafted out. Lol

Sounds great! Lol about being crafty! I am "crafted out" before I even start! :)
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on May. 12, 2012 at 9:05 PM

No, still no word.  Leigh and his lawyer are going to rip apart all of the so called "allegations" on the 22nd in front of a judge.  CPS has nothing now...and what they do have will be totally torn apart at this hearing.  There isn't any reason why the kids are still away from us at this point.  It sucks, but we can't do anything about it right now.  This newer caseworker is just as bad as "the guy".  He is holding the kids like puppets on a string. :/

Quoting Kris_PBG:

Quoting Kmakksmom:

I'm so sorry you are still going through this!!! Any word on when they can come home?????

Kris_PBG
by Representative on May. 12, 2012 at 9:25 PM

I am so, so, so, so, so, so, sorry.....

Hugs mama - hang in there.

Quoting Kmakksmom:

No, still no word.  Leigh and his lawyer are going to rip apart all of the so called "allegations" on the 22nd in front of a judge.  CPS has nothing now...and what they do have will be totally torn apart at this hearing.  There isn't any reason why the kids are still away from us at this point.  It sucks, but we can't do anything about it right now.  This newer caseworker is just as bad as "the guy".  He is holding the kids like puppets on a string. :/

Quoting Kris_PBG:

Quoting Kmakksmom:

themomof3boys
by Member on May. 13, 2012 at 9:15 AM
1 mom liked this

the school I work at they do breakfast everyday for the staff at school and then on Friday they do a lunch for the staff and teachers in gym, the parents donate the food and donate their time to take over the classes and the cafe so that we can all go enjoy the food.  It is the parent group that organizes it.  They also give us a gift.

Kris_PBG
by Representative on May. 13, 2012 at 9:18 AM
Quoting themomof3boys:

the school I work at they do breakfast everyday for the staff at school and then on Friday they do a lunch for the staff and teachers in gym, the parents donate the food and donate their time to take over the classes and the cafe so that we can all go enjoy the food.  It is the parent group that organizes it.  They also give us a gift.

That sounds so nice!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)