Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

The neighborhood kids decide to hang out in my yard, no big deal. and my oldest dd went out there to play as well.  well there is this girl out there that I have never met and she and my oldest are in the same class.  Well this girl starts to yell at my dd and said she don't want her around and she doesn't want my dd to play outside with her or the other kids because she heard (gossip) that my dd doesn't like her.  My dd comes back in crying about it.  I heard most of it but didn't think anything of it until she came in crying.  Mama bear kicked in and I am usually one that lets my kids handle their own battles (to and extent).  But this girl is in OUR yard and has no right to it.  My dd didn't want me going out there yelling but I wasn't gonna let this lil girl think she owns my yard.  So I went out there telling them that I don't want any fighting or everyone can leave my yard.  I asked who 'Larissa' is and the other kids pointed her out and I said that I don't know who you think you are but unless you hear first hand from my dd's mouth than you can't count on it being true, that's all it is is gossip.  This is our yard and if you can't abide by MY rules than you can leave.  And then I walked back in.

ok thanks for letting me get that out

by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:02 PM
Replies (11-20):
Thelmama
by Thelma on May. 3, 2012 at 3:15 PM

Oh and I'd have done the same.

sjump25
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:29 PM
I would have done the same thing. Good for you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elle.tea.22
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:06 PM
Tell me she ran home crying :)
hayliedlr
by JoAnna on May. 3, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Quoting Elle.tea.22:

Tell me she ran home crying :)

sadly no but I would have been pissed if her mom came back and yelled at me about yelling at her daughter.  some moms are like that.

Elle.tea.22
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:15 PM
Quoting hayliedlr:

My mom is the type to yell at me for making an other adult yell at me. She would be too embarrassed to let me go over there again
zeesmuse
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:02 AM

Good job, Mama.

LuvLili131
by New Member on May. 4, 2012 at 2:54 PM

I would have done the same thing also!! Good for you :)

reddecker
by Member on May. 4, 2012 at 5:33 PM

way to go momma bear!

momsurvival
by Member on May. 4, 2012 at 7:15 PM
I'd have done the same thing! That little girl needs a reality chk.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JTriches
by Member on May. 4, 2012 at 8:05 PM

Bravo Mom.  You handled that well

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN