Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

What am I in the mood to read? Suggestions please!

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:24 AM
  • 7 Replies

I just finished the 2012 release Finding Emma by Steena Holmes and before that it was Three to Get Married by Archbishop Fulton Sheen.  I have a wide variety of interests, but do not know what I'm in the mood to read next.  I started Abrham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, but not sure if I can get into it right now.  Should I keep going on it or abandon?  What are your ladies favorite reads?  The only thing is I don't like reading about nasty violence (gruesome details/rapes/etc.)  Thanks!

by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Aloysious
by Member on May. 4, 2012 at 12:06 PM

Never heard of the first two on your list, saw the Abe Lincoln book at Target the other day. If you're not into it yet, put it down, start something else.  I usually try to read the first 2 chapters if I can't get into a book, then if it's still not working for me, I put it down.  When I can't decide what I might want to read next, I turn to the classics.  East of Eden, Hard Times, Sherlock Holmes...you get the idea.

I enjoy reading paranormal romance.  These usually have gory fight scenes and deliciously detailed sex scenes.  I also like fantasy and  sci-fi, like Terry Brooks' Shannara series. 

LML1
by Kristy on May. 4, 2012 at 2:34 PM

janet evanovich is a good author

imspikesmom
by New Member on May. 4, 2012 at 2:37 PM

right now im reading "sins of the 7th sister" by huston curtiss. based on fact, some of it is a little graphic, but im losing sleep bc i cant put it down.

Kat1127
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:41 PM

my advice, anything my ted dekker.

he is my favorite author... i could read his books all day long...

"three" is my favorite book by him, but whatever you do don't watch the movie of that one. i hate the movie. thank God i read the book first, the movie would have totally ruined the book for me... lol...

well good luck.... bump

MarkosMom
by New Member on May. 4, 2012 at 4:48 PM

I love anything by Janet Evanovich...good laughs.  Also, Nora Roberts, Nicholas Sparks.  Adriana Trigiani "The Shoemaker's Wife" is what I am currently reading.

Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2012 at 2:58 AM

"While I was Gone" by Sue Miller. So crazy good. Anything by Anita Shreve is always good too!

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on May. 5, 2012 at 8:24 PM

I love the Black Dagger Brotherhood and Fallen Angel series' by J.R. Ward.  The BDB is my most favorite book series ever.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)