Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Lounge The Lounge

dh an i went to a rock festival yesterday, im talking slash , five finger death punch, korn, kinda concert

an some one brought their freaking baby like had to be no older than 4 or 5 months to the concert 

and there were pregnant woman everywhere

is it just me or do agree highly inappropriate too both 

update, 

this concert had 35,000 people was outside in the 88 degree heat

and there were children too

just amazed

because there was nudity at this concert an i wouldnt want my kids seeing that

update- yes i know being pregnant doesn't mean you have to pack it in for 9 mths but 88degree heat plus 35,000 people plus all day event = dehydration

SOME OF YOU MADE GOOD POINTS I DIDNT THROW IN, THE AMOUNT OF SMOKING OF BOTH KINDS THAT WENT ON ALL OVER THE PLACE

by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:58 AM
Replies (21-30):
zeesmuse
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2012 at 6:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I can understand you ire at the baby being there. But not the pregnant women. Are we supposed to hibernate while we're pregnant?

One month before I was due, my husband took me to our favorite bar to play pool. The bartender kept me in free cokes all night and several people told my husband thta it was 'nice' of him to 'take me out' to play pool and then bend the rules because I was obviously having a difficult time reaching the pool table.

I noticed that smokers stayed away from our corner - which I appreciated. It was a nice night out.

Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2012 at 10:20 PM

I went to a punk rock festival and I couldn't believe all the little kids and families that were there, all dressed up like little punks.

delmobaby
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2012 at 10:31 PM
The extrenely loud sounds can be bad too. Atleast i was told so by both my ob drs that above a certain decible could harm baby hearing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
landova
by Member on May. 7, 2012 at 11:01 PM
I went to a hip hop concert inside a small intimate venue. It was upscale but it was awkward as it was a small club/ bar setting. I was extremely paranoid someone was going to bump into my belly. I felt bad for my DH as he was kind of baracading my belly.
MissMia22
by New Member on May. 7, 2012 at 11:45 PM

I am totally jelly! I bought DF tix for us to go see FFDP wed here locally but he didn't get the time off from work so now we cant go :(

vevespears
by Member on May. 7, 2012 at 11:48 PM
But the op says like 350 something ppl, plus could be dehydratation, how's that good on a pregnant woman? I think is a no go. I'm not saying preggo stay at home all day, or don't go out. I was preggo and still going out with my xh but no concerts

Quoting xo.MommyW.xo:

This. As long as they are not moshing

Quoting EireLass:

Not appropriate for the baby because of the noise. Pregnant? Why not?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xo.MommyW.xo
by Member on May. 8, 2012 at 12:10 AM
For one, when i commented none of that extra stuff was there.

I went to concerts while pregnant, i kept water with me. 350 is a small concert

Quoting vevespears:

But the op says like 350 something ppl, plus could be dehydratation, how's that good on a pregnant woman? I think is a no go. I'm not saying preggo stay at home all day, or don't go out. I was preggo and still going out with my xh but no concerts

Quoting xo.MommyW.xo:

Quoting EireLass:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vevespears
by Member on May. 8, 2012 at 12:16 AM
1 mom liked this
It wasn't 350 I just throw a number cause I couldn't remember and I'm using my phone, but let me quote this:

And for a preggo assisting this kind of events like that is just not smart

Quoting xo.MommyW.xo:

Quoting vevespears:

Quoting xo.MommyW.xo:

Quoting EireLass:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xo.MommyW.xo
by Member on May. 8, 2012 at 7:23 AM
Ok, when you are pregnant you are not an invalid. If you are at a show that has seats- i still fail to see an issue

Quoting vevespears:

It wasn't 350 I just throw a number cause I couldn't remember and I'm using my phone, but let me quote this:

And for a preggo assisting this kind of events like that is just not smart

Quoting xo.MommyW.xo:

Quoting vevespears:

Quoting xo.MommyW.xo:

Quoting EireLass:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crystal.davis78
by Member on May. 8, 2012 at 10:22 AM

I've seen both at every concert I have been to.  I have taken a friend that was pregnant to a concert, and I have taken kids.  I see nothing wrong with either.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN